Support for scanning different subnets

JxckJxck Member Posts: 3
Photogenic 5 Likes Founder First Comment
✭✭
edited August 2019 in Fing App Feature requests

So my network I have different subnets for different devices. I have an IOT subnet (192.168.107.0/24), Default LAN (192.168.1.0/24) etc I was wondering if we could get the ability to change the IP range that is scanned. Note my IOT subnet is accessible from the default LAN So I would be able to scan it. I'd be nice to be able to type in 192.168.1.1-254, 192.168.107.1-254 and scan just those subnets instead of the giant range between them.

Tagged:
Lee_BoRichCreedyVioletChepilFingFan2012zipDCXMeridioAldereteJonMartintez
5 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Lee_BoLee_Bo Member Posts: 273
    100 Comments 100 Likes 5 Answers 25 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭
    Would be nice to discover devices in my office on all the vlans.
    VioletChepilJxck
  • VioletChepilVioletChepil London, UKMember Posts: 2,471
    100 Answers 500 Likes 1000 Comments 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    We don't yet have any plans to support multi-VLANs. We have a sister company (Domotz) providing professional grade remote monitoring capabilities. They support mutli-VLANs. Check them out here! https://www.domotz.com/

Community Manager at Fing

• AustinJerryAustinJerry Member Posts: 72
    25 Likes 10 Comments First Anniversary 5 Agrees
    ✭✭✭
    How about being able to differentiate devices on different networks?  I have hard-wired devices, devices on the 2.4GHz wireless network, and devices on the 5GHz network.  Will Fing be able differentiate how devices are connected?
    Fingbox owner from the beginning
    VioletChepilHronos
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    How about being able to differentiate devices on different networks?  I have hard-wired devices, devices on the 2.4GHz wireless network, and devices on the 5GHz network.  AustinJerry said:
    @AustinJerry Can you start this one up as a new question? That way we can get more help from others etc. from the title selection. I'm happy to start it up too. 

• JxckJxck Member Posts: 3
    Photogenic 5 Likes Founder First Comment
    ✭✭
    We don't yet have any plans to support multi-VLANs. We have a sister company (Domotz) providing professional grade remote monitoring capabilities. They support mutli-VLANs. Check them out here! https://www.domotz.com/
    Ok Thanks (Wishing their was a home/free plan for Domotz) :/
  • PoohPooh Member, Beta Tester Posts: 674
    500 Likes 500 Comments 25 Answers 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would multiple Fingboxes get past this limitation? Can one account support multiple Fingboxes\Networks?
    People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @Pooh you can easily jump from one Fingbox to another in your account - but we don't have a kind of multi-box set-up for a single home. Each would be seen as a separate network so to speak.
    Just turning this into an ideation thread so others can upvote :) 

• SnorreSnorre Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    I was hoping for a simple software like [email protected] which had support for multiple subnets. Fing is just made for home users, the UI is made for tablets with little information on screen. Without support for multiple subnets and an interface that shows all addresses at once the app is almost useless in a professional enviornment. Uninstalling fing.
  • KencredibleKencredible Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

I was forced by my employer to move to IOS from my Android. The Fing app on Android was able to scan other subnets. I relied on it frequently, since a lot of my network is statically addressed. I need this back or I want my money back. There are other apps that support this.

• RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 3,761
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin

I was forced by my employer to move to IOS from my Android. The Fing app on Android was able to scan other subnets. I relied on it frequently, since a lot of my network is statically addressed. I need this back or I want my money back. There are other apps that support this.

Hi @Kencredible

The ability to scan additional networks has been removed, due to privacy issues. We are working on this feature to be compliant with privacy laws. If you have purchased the Fing App subscription and want to make changes then please follow this link

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!