Fingbox security success story

TheCustomCaveTheCustomCave Member, Beta Tester Posts: 48
25 Likes 10 Comments First Anniversary 5 Agrees
✭✭✭
A little background to start us off.

I managed the technology, IT, network, building, or a small engineering services company in the UK - there's been a Fingbox installed on this network from the moment the first round of UK shipments arrived.

Around 12 months ago we had a restructuring of the company after some downsizing, a management level was removed, resulting in a member of staff being made redundant.

Said member of staff had somewhat of a reputation, and left the company on negative terms - there has been ongoing security concerns since then. Building access was changed, account passwords etc. but we have not changed the WiFi password (don't ask...).

Thanks to the brilliant features on the Fingbox we recently detected the proximity of this former employee to the building, his automatic signing into the WiFi network, Fing automagically blocking his device's access, and my resulting ability to remotely monitor both the building and its contents while on holiday.

That single moment both justified and paid for the Fingbox being on our network. The happy ending is that thankfully nothing has progressed beyond their proximity to the building, but it still gave us the intelligence and the ability to act, monitor, and respond.
VioletChepilGidster

Comments

• TheCustomCaveTheCustomCave Member, Beta Tester Posts: 48
    25 Likes 10 Comments First Anniversary 5 Agrees
    ✭✭✭
    I also might have put this in the wrong place so please move it if there's somewhere more appropriate @VioletChepil

VioletChepil
  • VioletChepilVioletChepil London, UKMember Posts: 2,471
    100 Answers 500 Likes 1000 Comments 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a fabulous story and great example of Fingbox protection in action. Definitely it belongs here but I'm going to think about other ways to highlight your story. Like for example a newsletter coming up. Also, when we have more resource sub-categories I can move it there! Thanks for sharing this. 

Community Manager at Fing

TheCustomCave