Duplicate Network via Unknown Access Point?

DezDez Member Posts: 12
First Comment Photogenic
Hi, I suddenly had a duplicate network which listed an unknown (third) access point.  I deleted the duplicate network, but Fing says I am still connected to the unknown access point (although it doesn't appear in the original network's details).  When I assigned it to the network, WiFi Intrusion Protection was still only active on 2 access points.  So I removed it from the list, but Fing is saying that it is still connected, and presumably not protected from WiFi Intrusion?  Please, how can I deny access to this access point? 

Answers

• DezDez Member Posts: 12
    First Comment Photogenic
    I should have said that the MAC address of the unknown access point is 02:00:00:00:00:00.  I think I read somewhere that some earlier android mobiles returned this MAC address after an update.  Could my phone be the "unknown access point"?  I think I also read somewhere that a solution for a phone, might be to reset the settings for wifi, data & bluetooth for both SIMs, but I'm scared to try it!  Any suggestions please?
  • RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 3,760
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @Dez
    If you are getting alerts for the above-mentioned access point, then it will easy for us if you can share the screenshot of the part where it says you are still connected to unknown access point so I can advise you.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    First Comment Photogenic
    Thanks Robin, I have saved a screenshot on my phone but don't know how to send it to you.  Within the Fing app, at Community, I am unable to "Join the Discussion" (the app just keeps stopping).
    admin
    You can either DM me the screenshot or if you ok to share the screenshot here then you can drag and drop the image file here.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    First Comment Photogenic

First Comment Photogenic
    Hi Robin, I did not get any Notification or audible Alert about this unknown access point.  I discovered it myself after finding it listed in a duplicate (evil twin?) network.  After I deleted that network, the unknown access point then appeared in the original Fingbox network.  It is when I delete it that I get this notice.  If I assign the access point to my network, Fing appears to ignore it, continuing to protect only the original 2 access points. Cheers, Dez.
    First Comment Photogenic
    Hi all, I've been getting a pop-up saying Fing needs location permission in Android 10.  If I give permission, the unknown access point problem disappears.  Only when I continue without location permission (which I would prefer), does the unknown access point persist.  Any ideas? 
    First Comment Photogenic
    Just noticed that my 19 December screenshot has disappeared from here, and both it and my subsequent posts seems to have disappeared from the thread when not signed in?
    admin
    Hi @Dez
    I have created a Zendesk ticket for your issue as I might require some personal information related to your network and you can share your screenshot with me there. Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
This discussion has been closed.