Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker - Who's Going (no spoilers!)

rootedrooted Gulf Coast, USModerator Posts: 788
500 Comments 50 Answers 100 Likes 25 Agrees
✭✭✭✭✭

Who's going to see this? I've got 2 IMAX tickets for 11:30 AM tomorrow morning, actually got my wife to go see it with me.

I'm excited, I believe the last Star Wars film I saw in theatre was Clone Wars and we all know how that was.

Watching The Mandalorian has been keeping my appetite wet but I'm ready to see the conclusion of this 40 year saga.

RobinCiaranCarlo_from_FingHronos

Best Answer

• RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 3,696
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Accepted Answer
    I believe I am going tomorrow even if my friends won't join because of the "last Jedi" disaster. I want to see how they end this time although the rottentomatoes score is really not that great.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    Hronos

Answers

• rootedrooted Gulf Coast, USModerator Posts: 788
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't really trust rotten tomatoes scoring, there are too many "critics" and not enough people who simply enjoy movies.

IMDb is more my speed, my tastes are generally somewhere between the two. So a 4.5 on RT and a 7.5 on IMDb will be a solid 6 for me :)

I know it can't be as bad as the Jar Jar debacle of yesteryear.

admin
    I agree with you, I follow the audience score on rottentomates and overall score on IMDB to decide to go for a movie otherwise I can watch any movie just to see in how many ways a director can ruin a movie.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't usually have a good track record of movie going, although the last movie I saw was Avenger's: Endgame which turned out to be really good. But the movie I saw before that was Captain Marvel and I was underwhelmed.

You have any theories on who is Rey's parents? My initial thought was of course that she is Luke's daughter but now I have no idea. And if she is who would her mother be?

admin
    There are so many fan theories but after watching a lot of these theories, I don't want to believe with any of that. Previously I believed one of the fan theories for Game of Thrones and that horrible last season everybody knows how it went. I will be going to the cinema with an open mind and want to see how they can surprise their fans.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh I've not read any theories. I even unfollowed Star Wars from my Google feed so not to see any spoilers, it's just what I thought after watching the other films. At first I thought she was Kylo Rens sister but I changed my mind somewhere along the way.

I've not watched GoT, not a single episode. I know, I know, it is strange. I'm sure I will get to it eventually, millions of people couldn't be wrong about how great it is.

admin
    Somehow, I still believe she is Kylo rens sister as there were few hints in Last Jedi movie but lets see. 
    For Game of Thrones, you need to be patient and give it some time and it will grow on you by the time you finish season 1. If you ignore the last season, I am sure you will be fan of that series as well.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    rooted
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I was like that about Breaking Bad, at first I thought it was ridiculous but by the 5th episode I was hooked, fortunately that series had a proper ending.

Have you been watching The Mandalorian? At times it's really good, other times it's underwhelming like any other series. It's worth the price of admission so far.

admin
    Yes, I have been hooked on The Mandalorian especially after the internet going viral after baby Yoda. I wanted to see whats the fuss about this Baby Yoda but I found the series to be quite good. Finished the 7th episode yesterday and waiting for Finale now.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    rooted
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just got back, all I will say is not bad. I enjoyed the film.

• MarcMarc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,122
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Likes 250 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw it last night...  Agree with @rooted, if your a fan you should enjoy it.  

Side topic, I'm not sure if the folks outside of the US have this but watching movies in powered reclining seats is still something I am not used to.  I mean I get the concept in a home media room but are they trying to make a theatre like your basement?   ;)
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019

The IMAX theater I viewed the movie in hasn't updated the seating to that level but the audio/visuals were amazing, they have upped the quality a ton since my last visit. They are easily pushing 20,000 watts now.

I didn't realize I was so fortunate in my choice of formats, looking for the expected weekend box office I read it's only playing on 415 IMAX screens. I thought there were a lot more screens than this.

• CiaranCiaran Administrator Posts: 1,092
    1000 Comments 250 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    admin

Ciaran (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    rooted
  • Carlo_from_FingCarlo_from_Fing Rome, ItalyAdministrator, Fing Team Posts: 247
    100 Likes 100 Comments 5 Answers 25 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭
    I'm definitely going after xmas. Problem here is that in Italy they love to double everything so I'll have to watch it italian and then wait to see it for real, in english, when it's available somewhere.

Carlo from Fing

rooted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • CiaranCiaran Administrator Posts: 1,092
    1000 Comments 250 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    admin
    @rooted haha thanks :smile: I wasnt sure if that would land. I know Star Wars fans and Star Trek fans are very loyal and dont like them confused...but its all in jest :smile:
    Ciaran (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    rooted
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Ciaran It was that it's a "quote" by Dr. Who that made it all the more comical.

Ciaran
  • Pax0707Pax0707 Member Posts: 28
    10 Comments Name Dropper Photogenic
    Not great, not terrible.