My fingbox only works upside down...

YannYann Member Posts: 3
First Comment

I’m assuming I have a lose or defective power/cable connection. Can I purchase a replacement?

Answers

• MarcMarc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 1,290
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @Yann, maybe someone at Fing can help out?  @Robin or @VioletChepil can you folks help @Yann as to how to troubleshoot or replace?
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
  • VioletChepilVioletChepil London, UKMember Posts: 2,471
    100 Answers 500 Likes 1000 Comments 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Yann do you have access to another power cable from another device to test this out? Any Cat 5/ Cat 6 cable should do the trick. 
    When was the device purchased?  This will determine the RMA process! 

Community Manager at Fing

• YannYann Member Posts: 3
    First Comment

I’m not certain when I purchased the fingbox… possibly over 2 years ago?

i found an email from Carlo dated 10/2017… so around that time, I presume.

i do not have any other compatible power cables handy, unfortunately.

ill try another cat-5 tonight.

Thanks!

• VioletChepilVioletChepil London, UKMember Posts: 2,471
    100 Answers 500 Likes 1000 Comments 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm really sorry but I've not given the correct instructions. @Yann This could be the Cat 5 but also the power adaptor...
    You can use any micro-USB power cable. So I'd suggest testing out another micro-USB power cable and seeing if that solves it. That would save you having to pick up a new device. Let me know how you get on with the micro USB. 

Community Manager at Fing

• YannYann Member Posts: 3
    First Comment

Oh my, how time flies. Finally tested both a new usb power cable, and anew Ethernet cable. Same symptoms… Fingbox works for a bit, then eventually stops connecting. Orientation doesn’t seem to matter… the upside down thing may have been coincidence.

• CiaranCiaran Administrator Posts: 823
    500 Comments 25 Answers 100 Likes 25 Agrees
    admin
    Hi @Yann I will message you privately to get some more details off of you e.g. MAC address, email etc. 
    Ciaran (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!