Fing Desktop App on Mac with two networks

Giswiz
Giswiz Member, Beta Tester Posts: 2
First Comment Photogenic
I have the Fing Desktop app 0.6.4 installed on a MacBook with two different networks: By ethernet to the home network and by wifi to the guest network. But I only "see" the home network in Fing desktop. I need to pull the cord and restart Fing which is rather cumbersome. How do I switch networks without unplugging cables or deactivating wifi?

Answers

• rooted
    rooted Gulf Coast, USModerator Posts: 889
    250 Likes 500 Comments 50 Answers 25 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't have the desktop application currently but in the mobile version you click the network name and it will allow you to select the desired network.

• Giswiz
    Giswiz Member, Beta Tester Posts: 2
    First Comment Photogenic

Thank you. Yes the mobile app works like that. I have a Fing Box in each network. And I have to switch wifi networks to access either. But obviously the Desktop app has different goals and does different things. But it does not support switching networks as it seems.

• rooted
    rooted Gulf Coast, USModerator Posts: 889
    250 Likes 500 Comments 50 Answers 25 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm sure the developers want to match the mobile application feature set, I really need to try the desktop version but I didn't get in the last call for testing.

• Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,866
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    rooted said:

I'm sure the developers want to match the mobile application feature set, I really need to try the desktop version but I didn't get in the last call for testing.

You can join the Fing Desktop beta testing. The beta is open for all users now. Check the download links from the installation thread
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
    rooted