How do i remove a suspicious mac address from fing box that i added by accident

brook
brook Member, Beta Tester Posts: 1
Photogenic

I accidentally added this to my network and it is suspicious and am trying to remove it using the app but It just says it has already been added to the network and I cant remove it.

Wi-Fi Security Alert

New or Rogue Access Point detected: C4:04:15:2C:76:AE on Wi-Fi Phantom

My access point ends in :AF not :AE.

Can you please advise.

thanks brook

VioletChepil

Answers

• Marc
    Marc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,709
    250 Answers 1,000 Likes 2500 Comments 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @brook , I'm assuming you went to devices, clicked on the access point, clicked on more and then remove device and that did not work?  If so, do you have a multi band AP?  If all other characters in the MAC are expected and its just the last two that are not, then your AP might just be transmitting on one of the other bands which would have a different MAC address.  Usually, if you can get to the configuration page of the AP, it should tell you what MAC address is assigned to which band and I'm hoping this MAC is associated with one of them.
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
    VioletChepil
  • VioletChepil
    VioletChepil London, UKMember Posts: 2,471
    100 Answers 500 Likes 1000 Comments 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @brook I'm looking into this and will revert soon by tomorrow. 

Community Manager at Fing

• Ciaran
    Ciaran Administrator Posts: 1,180
    1000 Comments 250 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    admin

Hi @brook, see below instructions how to remove BSSIDs: 
    1. Open the Fing App 
    2. Click on the Network Tab 
    3. Click on the Network Details section (This is the directly under your network name) 
    4. Scroll down and locate the Access Point Section 
    5. Press the drop down arrow beside 'Access Points' header. Then press the 'X' beside each BSSID that you want to remove.  

If you remove an entry accidentally, you will be asked to re-trust it.  If there is still a bad entry once a good one is trusted you can remove the invalid one. I hope this helps.

Ciaran (Admin at Fing)

• heutger
    heutger Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    I don't see any X to remove BSSIDs. I found all your explanations, also on the Knowledge Base, but there is no X beside any BSSID.
  • Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,882
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    heutger said:
    I don't see any X to remove BSSIDs. I found all your explanations, also on the Knowledge Base, but there is no X beside any BSSID.
    The UI of the current Fing app is different. To verify BSSID, Please follow these steps:  
    1. Open the Fing App and select your Fingbox/Current network
    2. Click on the Network Tab  
    3. Scroll down and locate the Access Point Section  
    5. You will be able to see the BSSID
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • heutger
    heutger Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    So far so good. I can see the BSSID, but I want to delete orphaned ones (an extra repeater, which is gone), but I can't as there is no X available.
  • Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,882
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    heutger said:
    So far so good. I can see the BSSID, but I want to delete orphaned ones (an extra repeater, which is gone), but I can't as there is no X available.
    Can you DM me the screenshot of that page so I can guide you?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!