Cannot add Fingbox in Android app

koltregaskes
koltregaskes Member Posts: 8
5 Likes Photogenic First Comment

I've just bought a Fingbox and connected it to my network but the Android app cannot find it.

I have a Virgin Media Superhub 3 router in modem modem, which is connected to a Google WiFi (of which I have 2 in mesh) and that in turn is connected to a Netgear GS316 unmanaged switch. I also have BT powerline adaptors but have disconnected them.

When I connect to the switch I get a pulsing green light. When I connect to the router I get a pulsing red light. I've not tried to connect to the Google WiFi but that would take up the port to the switch.

I've had the app for a long time and currently using it on a Pixel 3 phone. I've tried searching for the box many times when it's connected to the router and the to the switch but the app says it cannot find it.

Please help?

VioletChepil

Best Answer

• Pooh
    Pooh Member, Beta Tester Posts: 674
    500 Likes 500 Comments 25 Answers 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2 Accepted Answer
    The Pulsing Green light means that the Fingbox is ready for activation. So if it's doing that then you should be able to see it with the app.

It's quite odd though that connecting it directly to the router yields a red light.

Granted this test will take out the switch temporarily, but would it be possible to plug the Fingbox directly into the WiFi to at least see what the results of that are?

@VioletChepil, @Robin - mind helping out here?
    People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
    VioletChepil

Answers

• VioletChepil
    VioletChepil London, UKMember Posts: 2,471
    100 Answers 500 Likes 1000 Comments 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with @Pooh the best bet will be to test if the Fingbox connected to the Google WiFi yields the green light and ready for activation. We always recommend Fingbox to be plugged directly into the main router or access point. 

Community Manager at Fing

• koltregaskes
    koltregaskes Member Posts: 8
    5 Likes Photogenic First Comment
    Thank you.  I temporarily connected to the Google Wifi and set it up then plugged it back to the switch and it has carried on working.  Odd why it needed to do that.
    VioletChepil
  • VioletChepil
    VioletChepil London, UKMember Posts: 2,471
    100 Answers 500 Likes 1000 Comments 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    That is interesting but glad it is working. To note for future. Let us know if any issues come up again. 

Community Manager at Fing