Using two networks with Fingbox - what is the process?

System
System Administrator Posts: 85
10 Comments Photogenic
admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: How to change a fingbox to a new location.

Comments

• Lusu
    Lusu Member Posts: 8
    5 Likes First Comment
    edited October 2, 2019 #2
    If Fingbox can’t connect to more than one network and I would have to swipe “deactivate” the first or old network, would I then be able to “deactivate” the second or new network to reconnect to the first or old network? I’m using two networks. I also travel sometimes and will connect to family or friends’ networks, although I have purchased new devices that should allow me to travel without using other’s networks as long as my own has range and connectivity ability. I haven’t purchased a Fingbox yet. Thanks, Lusu
    Let me clarify my question: would I be able to reconnect to an old network by “swiping to deactivate” the new network? Will a “swipe to deactivate” allow me to switch back and forth between networks? It sounds like I’d be able to do this if Fing will remember networks even though Fing is only capable of connecting to one network at a time. Thank you, Lusu
  • VioletChepil
    VioletChepil London, UKMember Posts: 2,471
    100 Answers 500 Likes 1000 Comments 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi, @Lusu are you using 2 networks and only 1 Fingbox?
    If so, you can deactivate it any time and attach it to another network. Once deactivated it is no longer attached to a network and can be configured anywhere. 
    So, yes sounds like you should be able to do this.
    Actually at Fing we have to do these kinds of actions for testing etc. I've had no problems deactivating/reactivating a lot...
    Let me know any other questions you may have!
    Cheers! 

Community Manager at Fing

Lusu
  • Hronos
    Hronos Member, Beta Tester Posts: 289
    100 Likes 100 Comments Second Anniversary 25 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Lusu, let me point that the problem with this approach is than all your "users" and configurations over those will be forgotten and you will have to re-create it all, the devices will continue, but not the users.
    Keep looking up!
  • Lusu
    Lusu Member Posts: 8
    5 Likes First Comment
    I am one of two users on one network; I am the sole user on the other. The other user’s devices have not been hacked. Frankly, I think the hacking started as an inside job, although it has spread from that. This boils down to me being the only one using the Fingbox on either network; and, if I have to choose networks, I’ll choose my own. At some point in time, I’ll let you know how well this works. Thanks for your info. Lusu

HronosVioletChepil
  • VioletChepil
    VioletChepil London, UKMember Posts: 2,471
    100 Answers 500 Likes 1000 Comments 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Great @Lusu so keep the community posted on your experience with this! Thanks a lot! 

Community Manager at Fing