Fing Box v Fing Desktop

RicardoPass
RicardoPass Member Posts: 11
Second Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
Seriously - what's the point of running the Box now?

The databases are different between the Box and the Desktop and the Desktop app can't see the Box database, but the Mobile app CAN be configured to use the Desktop database.

Why should I keep my Fing Box?

Corollary question - why the Haych Eeee Double Hockey Sticks can't I use the Desktop APP to use the Box database without the Desktop doing it's own scanning?

I get you guys want to sell the service, but I already bought the Box, and the app should just be the app.  Let me pick if I want the Desktop to do the scanning too.

Comments

• Karl_From_Fing
    Karl_From_Fing Administrator, Beta Tester Posts: 414
    100 Comments 25 Likes 5 Answers 5 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭
    Hey @RicardoPass
    The Desktop and Fingbox are two completely separate products I'm afraid, and thus can't be synchronised. You are not obliged however to download the Desktop application if you feel the mobile application and Fingbox are supplying you with satisfactory information!
  • RicardoPass
    RicardoPass Member Posts: 11
    Second Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
    Thanks @Karl_From_Fing - I know they're separate products - but why?

I have iPhone, iPad, and Macs - why can't I use all of those devices to manage my fingBox?

What you're telling me is I am REQUIRED to use my iPhone to manage a device and CAN'T use my computer to do the same thing.

Just silly.

• Karl_From_Fing
    Karl_From_Fing Administrator, Beta Tester Posts: 414
    100 Comments 25 Likes 5 Answers 5 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭
    @RicardoPass
    There are a lot more compatibility issues within syncing the Fingbox with the Fing Desktop, and they have always been standalone products (separate to one another). 
    You can use the Desktop Application to manage devices to an extent, but Fingbox features which are only Fingbox features would need to be managed on the Fingbox.