Ok I’m not sure I am in the right area to ask this

I do not know much about networks but I started watching ours at home with this app and there are some weird things ….I think. First there is a device and it says it is a Samsung J7 Crown and it says it’s Amy’s but I have an iPhone only since January 2022 but it also says the host is Amy’s iPhone ? But I don’t know why it says that. And there are also four versions of my iPhone one says chrome cast one says dongle one actually says iPhone and I can’t think of the last one. All have different up addresses and I have even seen it show two online at onve. Is this normal or is someone doing something. Oh and when I went to open ports today it took me to Amazon they were no help. My so called boy friend has cameras all over the house and I even found one in our bedroom that I didn’t know was there ….twice and in different spots. He has sensors too and I do not get access to any of them so I decided to see how many there were. Anyway I am certain he has been in all my stuff on my phone I just don’t know how and want to know for sure before I do anything. Thanks for any help

Answers

• Pixel
    Pixel Devon, U.K.Member, Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 387
    100 Likes 25 Answers 100 Comments Second Anniversary
    ✭✭✭✭
    Devices can be misidentified and that is a possibility, there are also many other reasons why devices appear on a network multiple times. Forgive my impertinence here but, from your post, there there appears to be a trust issue! 
    I think you need to have a discussion with whoever is managing your network regarding connected devices.
    Also, if you post some screenshots of the issues we may be able to help further.
  • Afuller21
    Afuller21 Member Posts: 5
    First Comment First Anniversary Photogenic

Yes I know there is a trust issue. But every time I ask him something he basically acts like I am crazy. What I want to know is if it’s something either or someone else is doing and is someone able to get into my phone or any information using any of this. When I went to Amazon through the fing app and open ports it took me to my account and there are things on there that I didn’t do. Like a device that says Amy’s second android I have never named a phone like that and I don’t have an android and haven’t for almost a year. I haven’t done anything to make his behavior warranted or necessary. He doesn’t even accuse me of anything but feels the need to put cameras where they should not be refuse me access to any of them and that is the only reason I even have this app. But the other night he was alseep and I decided to see how many were online and there were some that just went online. Like the tv in our bedroom and I knew he didn’t do it he was sleeping next to me. But then when I said something he blew me off like I was nuts so I decided to ask on here. That’s the gist of it anyway. But I do have screen shots and can get more if needed thanks

The very top one is my actual phone for sure because I put that on there so i would know what was what.

• Afuller21

Ok also what exactly does this mean ?

This is how I went to Amazon also the Facebook opens my Facebook but I don’t know if that is because I am logged into this app ? Or not ?

• skotfred
    skotfred USAMember, Beta Tester Posts: 1
    Second Anniversary First Comment Photogenic

Recent versions of IOS randomize wifi MAC addresses, as it’s your own network you can disable that behavior in Settings - Wifi - (your wifi SSID) - the circled (i) - then turn off Private Wi-Fi Address. you should be able to see the MAC address that will be seen in Fing below it.

• Nas
    Nas Member Posts: 3
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Comment

it looks like these are devices which were online at an earlier time. i may be wrong though. if you login to the router you can delete these.

• Afuller21

There are times when it shows two devices on at the same time ? Should that happen ?

• Afuller21

Why would my phone show up with different descriptions? I have the only iPhone SE that would be on the network I have had it since Jan 2022. One comes up as a Wyze product which he has cameras that are wyze products. He has three or four different camera systems also there is a Wi-Fi extender would these effect anything ?