Fing Alert - New Device

rrslssr
rrslssr Member, Beta Tester Posts: 11
Third Anniversary First Comment
I received a Fing email notification informing me that a new device was detected on my network…its MAC address was included.
However, when I go to the Fing app there is no listing of that MAC address.
I would like to know if anyone knows what is happening.

Comments

• KentKetchum
    KentKetchum Member Posts: 6
    Photogenic First Comment

Lol i been getting this a lot, but I'm pretty sure i know who it is doing it to me, im getting tired of it and I'm setting up a Mac filter

• Momo0102
    Momo0102 Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

??

• Karl_From_Fing
    Karl_From_Fing Administrator, Beta Tester Posts: 365
    100 Comments 25 Likes 5 Answers 5 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭
    Hey @rrslssr
    Are you seeing this as a recurring situation or just a once off?
  • KentKetchum
    Photogenic First Comment

Okay let me start but saying your have to have a VPN, in order to keep from being wiresharked..... I'm a hacker but i only do ethical hacking.... The reason i am having "someone" get into my router is because i did some things that lead to a police chief who was doing bad things to my sister in jail (charles herford - he knows i hacked him and he isn't even mad at me.... Idk why my sister is still with him but he's actually in a much better state of mind and a much better person now) but fast forward to today..... EL PASO POLICE DEPARTMENT is trying to hack my shit, and they have continuously gotten into it and due to the way the ATT router is setup, they have the opportunity to continuously reset my admin password because of forgot password mistake ATT chose, and i keep having to kick them out...... I tried to post screenshots of me contacting ATT with proof but I'll explain instead, ATT has now sent me an updated router because i showed the tech what was going on and he immediately knew there was a problem and being that there was no warrant in place he helped me..... Want to see it all? Go to EL PASO POLICE facebook page, I'm snitching them out instead of hacking them because i don't like what Charles Herford did after i helped my sister with what she asked me if he was doing

Gannon
  • KentKetchum
    Photogenic First Comment
    edited August 31, 2022 #6

Essentially yes, it is continuous...

Oops i should have paid attention, you be didn't ask me lol

• rrslssr
    @Karl_From_Fing I have received 2 email alerts for 2 different MAC addresses.  I wonder if it has to do with the Apple iOS Private Wi-Fi Address network setting?
  • KentKetchum
    Photogenic First Comment
    edited August 31, 2022 #8

Eeew no offense, never have and never will use IOS the other guy is goin be to have to an answer that, what's funnier about that though is it was a iphone i hacked of the police chief.... And i had be some bullshit hacking charges on my record lol but that was in relation to my ex wife who i just needed evidence off all her lies and drunk driving with my kids in her car

• rrslssr
    @Karl_From_Fing just last night I received 14 Fing Alerts about this device: Online, Offline, In range.  The Alerts always show the MAC address but the IP address is always 0.0.0.0!
  • Marc
    Marc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 3,081
    250 Answers 1,000 Likes 2500 Comments 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @rrslssr, you can turn off private MAC addressing on a per network basis.  Turning it off on your home network should be fine.  Try it and see if the alerts go away.  Note this feature exists on iOS, macOS and Android so any of these devices if you have them could potentially need to have it disabled for troubleshooting.
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
  • rrslssr

@Marc, thank you. I will give that a try.

• KentKetchum
    Photogenic First Comment

I think i have figured this out.... You have an ATT network don't you, and you also have "tv top boxes" as well don't you?

• Marc
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@KentKetchum , who are you responding to? A lot of folks on the threads.

• Marc
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 7, 2022 #14

I’m trying to figure out what you have figured out? Your issue from thread #2? The ops issue? and if so what does ATT have to do with it?