I've been getting JavaScript Error lately

pwmeek
pwmeek Member, Beta Tester Posts: 143
Third Anniversary 100 Comments 100 Likes 5 Answers
✭✭✭

On Mac OS 12.4
iMac Pro (2017)
Chrome Version 102.0.5005.61 (Official Build) (x86_64)

I've been getting this error on startup or soon after. Fing seems to recover and run after, but it may be of some concern.

========= error message follows========== 

A JavaScript error occurred in the main process.

Uncaught Exception:

TypeError: Object has been destroyed

at Object.getWebContents (/Applications/Fing.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/build/BrowserWindowService.js:273:38)

at sendMessageToRenderer (/Applications/Fing.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/build/IAMService.js:130:46)

at IAMManagerEnvironment.onMessageHandler [as onMessage] (/Applications/Fing.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/build/IAMService.js:121:5)

at IAMManager.sendMessage (/Applications/Fing.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/node_modules/fing-react-components/dist/index.cjs.js:31986:18)

at IAMManager.syncDefinitions (/Applications/Fing.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/node_modules/fing-react-components/dist/index.cjs.js:31845:14)

at IAMService.refresh (/Applications/Fing.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/build/IAMService.js:99:22)

at Timeout._onTimeout (/Applications/Fing.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/build/IAMService.js:91:18)

at listOnTimeout (internal/timers.js:554:17)

at processTimers (internal/timers.js:497:7)

--Pete
Bon Vivant and Raconteur

Comments

• Karl_From_Fing
    Karl_From_Fing Administrator, Beta Tester Posts: 414
    100 Comments 25 Likes 5 Answers 5 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭
    Hey @pwmeek
    I have created a support ticket for you in relation to this issue. Please respond via email at your earliest convenience.
  • pwmeek
    ✭✭✭
    I followed the link and tried to download the recommended Beta version and something began downloading some huge file from GIT that it claimed was needed to get the Beta version of Fing. I let it proceed, but I'm unsure whether I now have the right version. "About Fing" says it is version 2.10.0.499
    --Pete
    Bon Vivant and Raconteur
  • dhparker
    dhparker Member Posts: 7
    Second Anniversary Founder Name Dropper First Comment
    ✭✭
    I have the same issue.  I am not at all happy that I cannot start a support ticket with a fingbox MAC address...I don't have a fingbox!
  • pwmeek
    ✭✭✭
    Like I said, I don't know if I really got the latest Beta, but I just got this again:

A JavaScript error occurred in the main process

Uncaught Exception:

TypeError: Object has been destroyed

at Object.getWebContents (/Applications/Fing.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/build/BrowserWindowService.js:273:38)

at sendMessageToRenderer (/Applications/Fing.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/build/IAMService.js:130:46)

at IAMManagerEnvironment.onMessageHandler [as onMessage] (/Applications/Fing.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/build/IAMService.js:121:5)

at IAMManager.sendMessage (/Applications/Fing.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/node_modules/fing-react-components/dist/index.cjs.js:31986:18)

at IAMManager.syncDefinitions (/Applications/Fing.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/node_modules/fing-react-components/dist/index.cjs.js:31845:14)

at IAMService.refresh (/Applications/Fing.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/build/IAMService.js:99:22)

at Timeout._onTimeout (/Applications/Fing.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/build/IAMService.js:91:18)

at listOnTimeout (internal/timers.js:554:17)

at processTimers (internal/timers.js:497:7)

--Pete
    Bon Vivant and Raconteur
  • Karl_From_Fing
    ✭✭✭
    Hey @dhparker
    You can create a support ticket without a Fingbox!
    @pwmeek
    The issue doesn't exist on the beta version - may I ask you to download it again?
  • pwmeek
    ✭✭✭
    It's not hurting anything. I just keep closing the error pop-up. Fing runs fine.
    I'll wait for the regular update when it passes Beta.
    --Pete
    Bon Vivant and Raconteur
    Karl_From_Fing
  • dhparker
    ✭✭
    pwmeek said:
    It's not hurting anything. I just keep closing the error pop-up. Fing runs fine.
    I'll wait for the regular update when it passes Beta.
    Yeah, not hurting anything, but it's coding error.  I hate coding errors and having to close pop ups that should not pop up in the first place...especially for a product I'm paying for.

• Karl_From_Fing
    ✭✭✭
    Hey @dhparker
    Did you create a support ticket with us? If not, would you like me to create the ticket? We have a solution for this.
  • dhparker
    ✭✭
    Give me a URL that I can submit a ticket without a FingBox MAC.  See attached...
  • Karl_From_Fing
    ✭✭✭
    Hey @dhparker
    When I navigate to the KB, Fing I then click on 'Submit a Request' and it is optional.
    Could I ask you to follow these steps and let me know how you ge ton?