Can someone explain what this all means?

KnoThnx👾

Answers

• Marc
    Marc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 3,003
    250 Answers 1,000 Likes 2500 Comments 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    The quick version?  These are your Arris Gateway's open ports, aka ports it has open to either the local network or the world wide web.  Nothing looks out of the ordinary...  The DNS one for example allows systems on your network to query the Gateway so they can resolve other systems they need by name or IP address.  8080, 80 and 443 are ports that are probably used for secure access to the admin consoles of the router/modem.  8181 can be used for network monitoring...

The top section is telling you the address of the gateway, how long it took for the app to reach the gateway, what its advertised model number, how many packets were lost during this test and finally what universal plug and play services are configured.

Hope this helps...
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
    KnoThnx
  • KnoThnx
    KnoThnx Member Posts: 5
    First Comment Photogenic
    Yes thank you that helps. One last one of you don’t mind? These are different ports idk what they refer to or mean.

KnoThnx👾

• Marc
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 10, 2022 #4
    They are all pretty much standard ports used for various processes.  What I usually do is to google the port number with the text or just the port number and see if the service comes up as something associated with the port.  Google is your friend for giving you info on these and whether they match what Fing is showing.
    Karl_From_Fing
  • KnoThnx
    First Comment Photogenic
    Thank you! What would it mean if nothing comes up for it in a search? 

KnoThnx👾

• Marc
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    All of them or one in particular?
  • KnoThnx
    First Comment Photogenic
    Yeah all of them. I’ve been dealing with some issues regarding my devices and I’m trying to have a better understanding of ports and services attached to ports and what it means. The issue is when I look up these ports I either can’t find much on it or I get results that mention Trojans being attached. I don’t know what a lot of these services are. 

KnoThnx👾

• Marc
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    What issues are you experiencing?