Fingbox Download Speeds

CarolSTC
CarolSTC Member Posts: 1
My internet download speed, as tested using Fingbox, dropped from the usual ~300 Mbps to 94 Mbps on April 16 between 11:00am and 5:00pm and has remained there since. However, testing without the Fingbox shows the original speeds. What’s happened on 4/16? What is the speed my other network devices are seeing? Did the box go bad?

I’m new to using this and am worried that I may have inadvertently changed a setting or something.

Carol 
 Carol

Answers

• Durg
    Durg Florida USAMember Posts: 5
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
    edited May 8, 2022 #2

I am having the same issue with speed loss too. What gives?

Sorry guys, upon further investigation it was my provider (no names) 🤬 so no worries here 😊 Great product!

• Pixel
    Pixel Devon, U.K.Member, Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 395
    100 Likes 25 Answers 100 Comments Second Anniversary
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi @CarolSTC there are no settings within fingbox that would have an effect on the broadband speed so it’s nothing you’ve done. Try restarting the fingbox then see if the situation changes over a few days, if the problem persists try replacing the ethernet cable and let us know what happens.
  • Rawr
    Rawr Member Posts: 16
    10 Comments First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic

I have this as well. Fing seems to use Mlab to test speed.

If you pull up Mlabs speed test in a browser on a cabled computer it's mostly really bad results. If you pull up speedtest.net and run it you'll probably see a more realistic result closer to the speed you'd expect.