Schedule internet downtime error

Rawr
Rawr Member Posts: 16
10 Comments First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
None of the schedule-settings is possible to change. Switching(disabling/enabling) nor deleting profiles in "Schedule internet downtime" works and gives an error saying: "Could not update the schedule"

I'm having this issue on my Android mobile which is a Samsung Galaxy S20. I even installed fing app on a very old Android mobile but having the same issues. Happend somewhere between april 8th and april 18th. I know this because on april 8th I changed to my "vacation"-schedules for the kids since it was Easter-vacation.

Comments

• Karl_From_Fing
    Karl_From_Fing Administrator, Beta Tester Posts: 414
    100 Comments 25 Likes 5 Answers 5 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭
    Hey @Rawr
    Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I've seen a couple reports of the same issue however I am not able to reproduce this issue locally. May I ask for some screenshots/screen recordings of the issue?
  • Rawr
    edited April 20, 2022 #3

Hello @Karl_From_Fing,

I will send over some data to show what I'm experiencing.

I have dropped you a direct message with a link to a screen recording of my issues on the matter.

• Rawr

Can also add that the issue also exists on my new S22 Ultra and my wife's iPhone 13 pro max.

• mdi
    mdi Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Same problem here.
  • Mard
    Mard Member Posts: 4
    Photogenic First Comment

Same problem.

• wysinotwyg
    wysinotwyg Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    I have the same problem. I'm using Google Pixel 6. 
  • benhelps
    benhelps Member, Beta Tester Posts: 32
    Third Anniversary 10 Comments 5 Likes Photogenic
    ✭✭

Same here. Oppo/Android 8
    4 existing schedules (2 active 2 inactive).
    Cannot save edits to existing active schedule (alter times or disable).
    Cannot save creation of new schedule.
  • Rawr
    edited April 26, 2022 #9
    For information to those who see/follow this thread and have the same problem as described; I have recieved a mail from a fing-representative that they have registered this as a possible bug/defect. I hope they recognize this as a serious problem and work as fast as possible to solve this.

I will update this post with the updates as soon as i get them. 

Here is what the fing-representative wrote me:
    "At this time, I have fed this information back to my team and we are actively investigating this as a potential bug/defect. I will now keep this ticket with me and update you as soon as I have follow-up in relation to this."
  • Karl_From_Fing
    ✭✭✭
    Hey all, and @Rawr thank you for providing the update to all affected people here.
    To confirm, we are indeed taking this seriously due to the numerous reports we have had in relation to this. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to reproduce this issue locally. 
    What this means is that I am now looking for a collection of information from those who are experiencing the issue. I am looking for;
    MAC address for Fingbox:
    Devices you are experiencing this issue on:
    The OS of said devices:
    If I could ask anybody who is experiencing this issue to reach out to me directly with this information via DM (please do not post this information publicly on this discussion) I can then create a support ticket with you and I can relay the issue back to my development team to allow us to keep track of the issue and users affected. Apologies for the inconvenience.
    Rawr
  • Pepperizer
    Pepperizer Member Posts: 4
    First Comment

I have managed to disable my schedules by unplugging the fingbox. Other faults to note, displaying items will not stay to what is selected, always reverts to mac address. Same with the filter by.

• Rawr
    edited May 6, 2022 #12

@Karl_From_Fing,

Any development here?

Wouldn't it be possible to revert changes that was done in the mentioned 10 day timeframe to solve this problem?

Pepperizer
  • scoggy
    scoggy Member Posts: 2
    Second Anniversary First Comment Photogenic

Same problem here (Android on a Poco X4). Please let us know how it's going.

• Mard
    Photogenic First Comment

Come on guys, I had to unplug the fingbox for over two weeks now. It's time to get this fixed.

Pepperizermdi
  • Pepperizer
    Pepperizer Member Posts: 4
    First Comment

Yes, this is a bit poor. Heading towards negative feedback. 😔

mdi
  • Karl_From_Fing
    ✭✭✭
    Hey all,
    We have no updates at the moment. Our team are actively investigating and we hope to have more information as soon as possible.
  • marco_from_fing
    marco_from_fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 61
    Third Anniversary 25 Likes 10 Comments 5 Agrees
    ✭✭✭
    Hello everybody.

An update straight from the development team: we've figured the root cause of the issue and it should be fixed in the next update of the mobile apps (planned for next week).
    What happen is this:
    • With the latest updates on the Router vulnerability test, in order to display the last result straight in the security tab, we had to keep the content of the last result "next to" the last scan info
    • That info used to be a read-only kind of content (knowing that only the fingbox would be able to update that)
    • That "one-direction" conversion of data made the UPnP ports and Remote-Penetration-Test ports to get mixed. Unfortunately, externally found ports lack some mandatory data (e.g. IP address) 
    • Every time the user makes a change to the network (like creating a new schedule), the change fails because it's not able to correctly send back the router vulnerability because Externally-found ports lack some mandatory data
    •   
    We have fixed that now and it's going to be included in the next release. We apologise for the bug and side effect that occurred in trying to bring a better experience for your Fingbox.

Best,
    Marco
    RawrscoggyKarl_From_Fing
  • scoggy
    scoggy Member Posts: 2
    Second Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
    Thanks for the update - great news. (And thanks for the detail - I always find it fascinating how changes can break seemingly unconnected functionality!) 
  • Rawr
    edited May 16, 2022 #19
    Hi all,

Unless the fix has been released I think I just found a way to edit and alter my schedules successfully. 

When I ran a refresh on "router voulnerabilites" I was able to alter/edit my schedules. Though the second the report was done it was back to the error "Could not update the schedule" and back to not being able to do anything regarding the schedules again.

Seems like a loophole around the bug. Atleast that worked for me just now and hopefully for those reading this comment before it gets fixed properly at/from the fing team.
    scoggy
  • benhelps
    ✭✭
    The only router vulnerability scanner I could find was a premium feature in the Fing app - is that the one you mean? If so and if a temp Try for Free of premium is activated (haven't tried it) does it try to force payment details to enable or can you do without?
  • Rawr
    benhelps said:
    The only router vulnerability scanner I could find was a premium feature in the Fing app - is that the one you mean? If so and if a temp Try for Free of premium is activated (haven't tried it) does it try to force payment details to enable or can you do without?
    Yes thats the one i mean and yes it seems to be a premium feature.
  • Rawr

So when is this being released? The error is over a month old and you found the error over a week ago.

One would hope that a release to actually fix a major feature of this app would be somewhat important to correct?

benhelpsaconlon
  • aconlon
    aconlon Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Yes, please advise when this will be released, fingbox is a cruicial part of most of our networks and this feature is regularly modified to suit our individual needs. Surely this should be out now???
  • Karl_From_Fing
    ✭✭✭
    Hey folks,
    We are apologetic that this is taking more time than we expected. Please know that our team are actively investigating and treating this with priority, unfortunately the issue was not as easily rectifiable as we initially thought. We hope to have more information soon.
  • Mard
    Photogenic First Comment

Guys, you can fix the problem by installing the older Fing 11.6.1 by sideloading the .APK.

• benhelps
    ✭✭
    Not sure if the downgrade was the solution for me or not - I suspect they pushed a fixed version around then too.

Either way, editing schedules worked on 11.6.1, however when I check now I'm running 11.8.0 (Android) and editing schedules are also working.