Feature Suggestion: Bulk Update or Import

adamplummer
adamplummer Member Posts: 2
Photogenic First Comment
Recently, I upgraded my networking gear and have 3 new wifi routers. Unfortunately, all of my device customizations are lost because Fing recognizes it as a new network. It would be incredibly useful if there was a way to upload a comma-separated list of MAC Addresses and custom device names, to at least update that information. With over 160 hosts, it's very time consuming. Not to mention that this is the 2nd time I've done it in 2 months, because the previous month, my Fing database just suddenly corrupted for no reason and I had to start from scratch.
Marcadamplummer
2 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Marc
    Marc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 3,109
    250 Answers 1,000 Likes 2500 Comments 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @adamplummer...  This site has the concept of idea creation where you can ask for a feature and have folks vote on it.  I have moved this to the idea section of desktop and made it votable for you.  Fing does look at them and based on popularity and a number of other internal criteria decide on whether to promote to development.  No guarantees but you never know...
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
    Karl_From_Fing
  • adamplummer
    adamplummer Member Posts: 2
    Photogenic First Comment
    Great, thank you!
  • Marc
    Marc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 3,109
    250 Answers 1,000 Likes 2500 Comments 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Make sure you cast a vote.  Click the up arrow on the first item in this thread...  I'll start you off with the first up arrow.
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...