MacOS Fing 2.9.0 (Desktop) Blank Internet Tab

Tariq
Tariq Member, Beta Tester Posts: 5
Second Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
I've been having this problem for a few versions now, but whenever I click the "Internet" tab I get a blank page and I have to close the window and re-open it to get back to the "Home" tab.

MacOS 12.3
Fing 2.9.0

I've tried quitting the app, using "Activity Monitor" to quit the fingagent.bin process, restarting the Mac, nothing seems to work.

I'd like to schedule automated Speed Tests, but I can't get to the tab to do that.

Comments

• Karl_From_Fing
    Karl_From_Fing Administrator, Beta Tester Posts: 411
    100 Comments 25 Likes 5 Answers 5 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭
    Hey @Tariq
    I have created a support ticket with you in relation to this. Please respond via email at your earliest convenience.
    Tariq
  • Tariq
    Thanks @Karl_From_Fing

Just responded.
  • AgingTechNerd
    AgingTechNerd Member Posts: 3
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Comment
    I'm having the exact same issue on both Mac and Windows Fing desktop. @Karl_From_Fing do you mind letting me in on the secret?
  • ICTijn
    ICTijn Member Posts: 4
    First Comment
    I'm having the exact same issue on my Windows Fing Dekstop 2.9.0. 
    Tried uninstalling, rebooting and re-installing Fing-Desktop 2.9.0 twice without any succes.
  • Karl_From_Fing
    Karl_From_Fing Administrator, Beta Tester Posts: 411
    100 Comments 25 Likes 5 Answers 5 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭
    Hey @ICTijn and @AgingTechNerd
    I have set up support tickets with both of you in relation to this. Please respond via email at your earliest convenience.
  • AgingTechNerd
    Karl you already got back to me and more or less solved my problem. So you can cancel my support ticket. 

Not sure why this problem is being kept so secret and not just being addressed out in the open on this group. Lack of transparency doesn't do much for trust. 
    Tariq
  • Tariq
    Karl you already got back to me and more or less solved my problem. So you can cancel my support ticket. 

Not sure why this problem is being kept so secret and not just being addressed out in the open on this group. Lack of transparency doesn't do much for trust. 
    Would you mind sharing the solution please, they weren't able to resolve it for me.
  • AgingTechNerd
    Tariq said:
    Would you mind sharing the solution please, they weren't able to resolve it for me.
    My iphone app was working all along. I was just shown where in the app to find it. As for the Windows version.. I ended up reloading windows for another reason. Then when I reinstalled Fing again on the fresh Windows, it worked. As for my Macbook it's still not working but I can live with that for now. At some point after another Fing update I'll try deleting and reinstalling the MacOs version again. Hopefully they get it fixed by then. So not a hugely positive outcome I have to share. 
    Tariq
  • ICTijn
    ICTijn Member Posts: 4
    First Comment
    Tariq said:
    ...As for the Windows version.. I ended up reloading windows for another reason. Then when I reinstalled Fing again on the fresh Windows, it worked. As for my Macbook it's still not working but I can live with that for now. ...
    Thank you for sharing that, especially in the light of transparency. And it shure could be a clou for the developers. 
  • Tariq
    Thank you @AgingTechNerd, so the original problem with the Mac OS desktop version wasn't ever solved.

Hoping they fix this in a new release.
    Dylan_From_Fing