this error pops up three times every time I go into the desktop app, then it opens.

the WD server is connected and listed under devices.  I can see it in Finder and it is mounted.  Problem started when WD stopped supporting OS3, I have latest OS5. Time machine is backing up to it, so it is definitely connected.  

Answers

• Marc
    Marc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 3,110
    250 Answers 1,000 Likes 2500 Comments 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hard to tell without your setup info but...  This setup, aka I run a myCloud NAS w/ 5.24.104 connecting to a MAC studio with macOS 12.3, no issues with connection, time machine or mounting it as a drive.  This NAS also started out as 3, upgraded when WD stopped supporting older versions of its OS.  You might want to also post this to their user forums to see if anyone has suggestions...
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
    Dylan_From_Fing
  • RR_guy
    RR_guy Member Posts: 6
    Second Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
    I had a 3 and upgraded to a 5, but this issue started in 2022 when WD decided not to support the 3.  my firmware is 5.21.104.  no issues with phone app. had issues with time machine but that is working now. it's like its reading an old file - will post thanks.  my helper below - Bunny.
    Dylan_From_FingKarl_From_Fing
  • Marc
    Marc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 3,110
    250 Answers 1,000 Likes 2500 Comments 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome dog!!!
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
    Dylan_From_FingKarl_From_Fing
  • RR_guy
    RR_guy Member Posts: 6
    Second Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
    Issue resolved - had an old item listed in startup items that was causing a conflict. 
    MarcKarl_From_Fing