fing account corruption detected

Ashraf
Ashraf Member, Beta Tester Posts: 7
Second Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
Dears, i keep getting this alert "fing account corruption detected " on my mobile app, and I noticed both fing Mobile app data are not in sync with my Desktop app, although I'm logged in to both apps using the same email address (same users).

attached is screenshot when the alert is appearing 

Any help!!

Regards,
Ashraf

Answers

• Karl_From_Fing
    Karl_From_Fing Administrator, Beta Tester Posts: 414
    100 Comments 25 Likes 5 Answers 5 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭
    Hey @Ashraf
    May I ask you to ensure you are on the most updated version of the app, and have you tried signing out and back in?
  • Ashraf

Yes Dear Karl I have the latest app version (screenshot attached)

and I did signed out closed the app and signed in back again (attached sign on screenshot)

Regards

ashraf

• Karl_From_Fing
    ✭✭✭
    Hey @Ashraf
    Thank you for that - and signing back in didn't rectify the issue? May I ask a screenshot of the router vulnerability check as it stands now?
  • Ashraf

Unfortunately signing back didn’t rectify the issue.

and here is the screenshot, but I wonder how could this be relevant to the issue?

the red message is related to manual port forwarding configuration I made in my router

• Karl_From_Fing
    ✭✭✭
    Hey @Ashraf

This happens if the data we have in our system is inconsistent with the data on the mobile. When this happens, the Fing App tries to adjust it on the mobile, but sometimes this doesn't work.

To resolve this, please go to:

- 'Accounts & Settings' display (by clicking on the Account icon from the Home tab)

- Click on 'Account storage'

- Click 'Restore'

This should clear data from the mobile and re-download everything and should resolve this issue.

Also, If you remove the old networks from the list and then run the scan again, it will solve the issue.

To delete the network from the Fing App, please follow these steps:

• Sign in to Fing App and from the Home tab, click on "3 Lines icon"

• This will take you through to the All Networks screen which contains a list of all your networks.

• Swipe left on the Network or long tap on the network and then click on the Delete that appears. This will remove the network you have already configured.

• Go to 'Accounts & Settings' display(by clicking on the Account icon from the Home tab)

• Click on 'Account storage'

• Click 'Synchronize'

• Ashraf

Hi Karl and thanks for the guidance.

ok here what I did.

1- restore Networks and resync

2- delete all previously scanned network

below are screenshots

I have now 2 networks, the AMN (on fingbox) and the desktop application on my iMAC.

is this how it should be ? Or it should be only one network?

I also noticed the account sync error stopped after the above 2 actions, however the Devices names and people list are still not synced between the mobile app and the desktop app