Wifi cameras connect

Fisoliso
Fisoliso Member Posts: 2
First Comment Photogenic

Hi

If i get the password of wifi network and connect my phone to it how can i connect to the cameras that's connect to the same wifi without knowing or having the app or software to open it? Like how to find the connected cameras on the same wifi and be able to open it ?

Best Answer

• Marc
    Marc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 3,109
    250 Answers 1,000 Likes 2500 Comments 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    #2 Answer ✓
    In some cases, if you http from your browser using the camera's IP address, the camera may present a web interface you can use to view its content.  In more cases than not though, you will not be able to view what's on it as they generally require a secure web app to view what they are recording, locked to an account the camera was originally registered to.
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
    Fisoliso

Answers

• Fisoliso
    Fisoliso Member Posts: 2
    First Comment Photogenic

So what if i used fing to check what cameras connected to the same wifi ! Am i will be able to see what is recording or i need a specific app to see that and how i will know what's the right app to download it??

• Marc
    Marc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 3,109
    250 Answers 1,000 Likes 2500 Comments 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Fing can only show a connected device, not what the device is doing....  What fing can show you is though is the manufacturer, if it's a name brand device.  Like Ring, Nest etc...  If thats the case, go to the manufacturers site and download the app.  You may still have the issue of not being able to see what the camera is recording because it's registered to someone else and that would block you from connecting.
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
  • Lee_Bo
    Lee_Bo Member Posts: 272
    100 Comments 100 Likes Second Anniversary 5 Answers
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fisoliso said:

So what if i used fing to check what cameras connected to the same wifi ! Am i will be able to see what is recording or i need a specific app to see that and how i will know what's the right app to download it??

If the person who set up the wifi network knows what they are doing, the cameras will not be on the same vlan as the one you have access to.  Sounds to me like you're worried about staying in a location that might have cameras installed.  If that's the case there's not a whole lot that you can do.