How to unblock new devices?

elliott
elliott Member Posts: 3
First Comment Photogenic
Every time I add a new device to my network, I get the alert that it is blocked because at some point I enabled the setting to block new devices. Then I end up struggling for 10 minutes to figure out how to find the device that was blocked and to unblock it. Can anyone please help me?
What is the fastest way to see a list of devices that are blocked, and to unblock them?
Thanks!

Answers

• Robin_Ex_Fing
    Robin_Ex_Fing Member Posts: 5,293
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @elliott

You can unblock devices in 2 ways:

• Open Fing App and sign in.
    • Click on Fingbox/Network name from the Home tab
    • Go to the 'Device' tab
    • Click on the specific device
    • Scroll down to 'Manage this device'
    • You will see a red icon saying 'Unblock device'. Click that and it will unblock the device.

Alternatively

• After opening Fingbox/Network name from the Home tab
    • Go to the 'Network' tab
    • Scroll down to the 'Restricted devices' section and click on it.
    • This will display all the devices that have been blocked (along with the option to 'Unblock')

I hope this helps.

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • elliott
    First Comment Photogenic
    Hi thanks for the response.

With the first option, I still can't see a way to identify blocked devices without clicking into every one.

With the second option, there is no "Restricted devices" section when I scroll down in the Network section.
  • Robin_Ex_Fing
    Robin_Ex_Fing Member Posts: 5,293
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @elliott
    I have sent you a private mail to address your query. Please check your inbox. Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • elliott
    First Comment Photogenic

I still struggle with this every damn time. About to rip my fing box out and throw it in the garbage.

Any guidance on the easiest way to unblock new devices without banging my head against the wall for 20 minutes every time?

Thank you.

• Dylan_From_Fing
    Dylan_From_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 47
    10 Comments First Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    I am creating a ticket for this! 
    Dylan (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!