fing.app corrupted

jtjbt20xf
jtjbt20xf Member Posts: 6
Second Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
edited February 17, 2022 in Fing Desktop #1
Hi, I received the email this morning to download the desktop app and I've tried three times to download find.dmg.  Each time I try to install it, I get a popup saying find.app is corrupted and the fing.app is deleted.

How can I fix this please?  I'm on a 13" MacBook Pro with the M1 Apple silicon using Monterey 12.2.1.

thanks,
Brian 

Comments

• Karl_From_Fing
    Karl_From_Fing Administrator, Beta Tester Posts: 365
    100 Comments 25 Likes 5 Answers 5 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭

Hi @jtjbt20xf

To address this, Can you confirm if you actually installed it by dragging it into the Application folder, or you tried to use it without installing it? Are you using any Firewall or Antivirus like Bitdefender or Norton?

I am sharing a few links which you can try for resolving:
    https://www.fireebok.com/resource/how-to-fix-that-app-can-not-open-on-macos-catalina.html

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202491

If you are using Bitdefender or Norton, please follow these steps:

1. Download a fresh version of the fing.dmg file

2. Turned off "Safe File Protection" in Bitdefender/Norton Antivirus for Mac

3. Extract the DMG to the desktop and not the Applications folder

4. Once extracted move the extracted file to the Applications folder and launch

5. Provide privileged access by entering admin credentials

6. Turn on Safe File Protection and trust the Fing Desktop application

7. Confirm that the latest version is now installed

If you are not using any Firewall or Antivirus then you can log in to safe mode and then install Fing desktop and it will work.

I hope it helps.

• jtjbt20xf
    jtjbt20xf Member Posts: 6
    Second Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
    Hi, thanks for the quick response.  I tried the 'move dmg to desktop' and that worked.  Any idea why?  Separately,  I had to whitelist 'api.fing.io' from SSL/TLS inspection to be able to login.  
  • Karl_From_Fing
    Karl_From_Fing Administrator, Beta Tester Posts: 365
    100 Comments 25 Likes 5 Answers 5 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭
    Hey @jtjbt20xf
    After upgrading to macOS, some mac users feedback that some apps can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software. In this case, we need to whitelist it.