Solid white light even after reset

wheeljackUK
wheeljackUK Member Posts: 1

I've read all the questions I can find that are similar, but I'm still stuck with a fingbox with a solid white light (that seems to go very slightly pink 10 seconds after power-up).

Been working perfectly for over a year, start of the week it disappeared from the network and I noticed the solid white light.

Have attempted reset a number of times: power off, hold reset button, power on, keep holding 30 seconds until flash. After 30 seconds it starts doing a double-flash (white), but just keeps doing that. I've left it a couple of hours and it's still doing double-flash, so I finally give in, power-cycle it, and we're back to solid white light.

I believe it's a 2 year warranty (I bought in October 2020). Replacement required?

Thanks.

Answers

• Karl_From_Fing
    Karl_From_Fing Administrator, Beta Tester Posts: 283
    100 Comments 5 Answers 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    ✭✭✭

Hi @wheeljackUK

In order to address your query, can you please perform the steps mentioned below and see if the color of LED changes or not.

Check List:

1. Try an alternative ethernet cable (CAT 6) - to identify if the issue may be with the ethernet cable (to note: if you have a CAT 7 this should also work, however, CAT 7 cables can be expensive so please do not purchase one solely for this purpose)

2. Try an alternative 5V power core cable - to identify if the issue may be with the power cable

3. Power source: Is the Fingbox plugged into a power strip/extender or directly in the wall? Some users have reported issues whereby the power extenders were causing issues supplying enough power for the Fingbox (perhaps an issue with the power extender). Please plug the power cable directly into the wall to test.

4. Is the Fingbox connected directly to the router? If it is not connected to the router where is it connected?

5. Ports: Are all ports required for Fingbox to work open or if UPNP is enabled?

Ports required:

• 80 (Internet Speed Test)

• 443 (Fing Service and Software Updates)

• 3001, 3002, 3003 (Internet Speed Test)

• 4443 (Fing Service)

• 5671 (Fing Diagnostics

If these steps don't work, may I ask you to DM me the MAC address of the Fingbox?

• Jakal
    Jakal Member Posts: 3
    Photogenic First Comment
    Hi, I am having the exact same issue here. Did a reset - everything appeard right, power cycled the device and now I have a solid white light. 
  • Karl_From_Fing
    Karl_From_Fing Administrator, Beta Tester Posts: 283
    100 Comments 5 Answers 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    Hey @Jakal

In order to address your query, can you please perform the steps mentioned below and see if the color of LED changes or not.

Check List:

1. Try an alternative ethernet cable (CAT 6) - to identify if the issue may be with the ethernet cable (to note: if you have a CAT 7 this should also work, however, CAT 7 cables can be expensive so please do not purchase one solely for this purpose)

2. Try an alternative 5V power core cable - to identify if the issue may be with the power cable

3. Power source: Is the Fingbox plugged into a power strip/extender or directly in the wall? Some users have reported issues whereby the power extenders were causing issues supplying enough power for the Fingbox (perhaps an issue with the power extender). Please plug the power cable directly into the wall to test.

4. Is the Fingbox connected directly to the router? If it is not connected to the router where is it connected?

5. Ports: Are all ports required for Fingbox to work open or if UPNP is enabled?

Ports required:

• 80 (Internet Speed Test)

• 443 (Fing Service and Software Updates)

• 3001, 3002, 3003 (Internet Speed Test)

• 4443 (Fing Service)

• 5671 (Fing Diagnostics

If these steps don't work, may I ask you to DM me the MAC address of the Fingbox?