Fingbox blocks router from establishing WIFI network

toddca
toddca Member Posts: 1
Photogenic
edited February 15, 2022 in Fingbox #1
I am using an ASUS RT-AC5300 router for my WIFI network. The WIFI network works normally without the Fingbox. However, when I connect the Fingbox to an open port on the router I immediately lose the WIFI signal. The Fingbox appears to be blocking the router for some reason. Does anyone know what might be causing this? I am hoping this particular router does not have a compatibility issue with Fingbox.
Tagged:

Answers

• Marc
    Marc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 3,028
    250 Answers 1,000 Likes 2500 Comments 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @toddca...  I moved this to the Fingbox area for you for relevance.  I did see a past issue a customer had with your router model and it looks like @Robin_from_Fing was involved so tagging him to see if he can help you out.  @Robin_from_Fing, this is the thread...  
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
  • Robin_Ex_Fing
    Robin_Ex_Fing Member Posts: 5,293
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @Marc
    @toddca
    Are you able to see under Fing mobile app if you are devices shows as blocked? Can you assign a static IP address to Fingbox from router settings and then perform a power cycle and then check if it is cutting the internet or not? Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!