Anyone Experience bad support from Fing

Jambo
Jambo Member, Beta Tester Posts: 6
Second Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
Just wondering if its a one off or if waiting for support for over  a year without any real diagnostics or support is normal for this company? 

Answers

• Robin_Ex_Fing
    Robin_Ex_Fing Member Posts: 5,293
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Jambo said:
    Just wondering if its a one off or if waiting for support for over  a year without any real diagnostics or support is normal for this company? 
    I am sorry to hear your experience with Fing is not satisfactory. If you like to share more details related to your issue then I can guide you better. 
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • Jambo
    Hi Robin,

Robin (maybe  yourself) has my ticket number 102298
  • Robin_Ex_Fing
    Robin_Ex_Fing Member Posts: 5,293
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Jambo said:
    Hi Robin,

Robin (maybe  yourself) has my ticket number 102298
    Thanks for sharing the ticket number. To give an update the fix is already in the works. Our developers are working on it and as soon as the fix is released I will update you through your support ticket directly. 
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • Jambo
    And there is the problem, no-one has taken the time to diagnose my problem properly, just open ended empty promises. Instead, every few weeks, when I chase, I get asked by Robin to try my app again to see if the problem has been resolved as new versions of the app have been released since my last chase. However, working in IT for 30 years at a high level as a Tech, and in my honest opinion I believe my issue has not been diagnosed/taken seriously. If diagnosed properly Fing would determine it's related to the HTML code in the email content I receive for online/offline devices, the URL link points me to a URL Fing account where the database is invalid/does not exist. It is an issue specific to me after removing old unused networks from my account, my account needs fixing, the system does not need fixing.
  • Karl_From_Fing
    Karl_From_Fing Administrator, Beta Tester Posts: 283
    100 Comments 5 Answers 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    Hey @Jambo
    We have escalated this to our developers. I do apologise that at this time it appears we are not taking this seriously - I can guarantee you we are, it is just taking some time to deal with this issue effectively. We want to ensure the best possible experience with our products. We hope to have an update for you as soon as possible.
  • Jambo
    Actually looking back, I asked on here in November 2020, please see post below,

Email alerts not opeing correct website info — Fing Community

Then I logged it officially around the same time, which is where I am today, will I hear from a developer? what is being investigated?