FingBox using up all DHCP IP's

TonyFun73
TonyFun73 Member Posts: 9
Second Anniversary Photogenic First Comment

As you can see my FingBox is using up all my router's DHCP IP's pool. I have issued it with a static IP of 192.168.0.3 but it continues to grab more IP's (the image list continues but couldn't fit it all in screen shot!).
Any ideas why this is happening....

Its making this device unusable!

Comments

• Robin_Ex_Fing
    Robin_Ex_Fing Member Posts: 5,293
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi,
    You can assign a static IP address to Fingbox under router settings and then check if the issue persists?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • TonyFun73
    Hi Robin,

Thanks for the reply.  As I mentioned in my original post I have already issued FingBox with a static IP of 192.168.0.3

FingBox continues to use up my networks DHCP Pool

• TonyFun73
    I deleted all the blocked devices FingBox was blocking. Then FingBox reported it blocked an IP 192.168.0.155 with a MAC address of EE:B8:46:80:D5:32.
    When i check my router's DHCP it shows FingBox has taken the IP using its own MAC address?

I presume FingBox is faulty?

• Robin_Ex_Fing
    Robin_Ex_Fing Member Posts: 5,293
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @TonyFun73
    In this case, we can try to reset Fingbox and then try to add Fingbox to your Fing account and then check if the issue persists? Are you okay with this option?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • TonyFun73

Yea that would be fine