Account corruption and device disconnection

SintxSintx Posts: 12Member
10 Comments 5 Likes Name Dropper Photogenic
In the last several weeks we have a few devices, including my wife’s MacBook Pro 89% signal strength) and the Linksys Velop WHW0302 (69% signal strength) that disconnects and reconnects to the WiFi network. They are well within the WiFi network 

Comments

• VioletChepilVioletChepil London, UKPosts: 2,471Member
    100 Answers 500 Likes 1000 Comments 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Sintx thanks for the question. A couple of questions:
    - Is the Fingbox itself disconnecting and going down? 
    - Do you have a mesh network and are the devices going between nodes (access points on your network?) 
    On the signal strength, actually this is digital fence proximity. This is how close the devices are to the Fingbox with a 15m radius. 

Community Manager at Fing

• SintxSintx Posts: 12Member

It doesn’t look like the fingbox disconnects. It is hardwired to the att modem/router. We have a Linksys Velop mesh network with the 2 of the 3 mesh points hardwired. The Linksys router that disconnects is wireless. The MacBook Pro is connected to the wired mesh point. Don’t see it bouncing.

• GidsterGidster London, UKPosts: 224Member
    100 Likes 100 Comments 25 Awesomes 25 Agrees
    ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    I think that this is maybe not a fingbox question but @Sintx wondering why they are finding some of their devices disconnecting (especially when their Fingbox is showing them having a strong signal). So more likely down to the device, router/AP/mesh or environment.
    So I'm going to move this to the Network troubleshooting area, so that the Community can wade in with suggestions
    Head of Product at Fing
    kltaylorHronos
  • GidsterGidster London, UKPosts: 224Member
    100 Likes 100 Comments 25 Awesomes 25 Agrees
    ✭✭✭
    @Sintx - wondering why "account corruption" is in the title of this thread? 
    Head of Product at Fing
  • kltaylorkltaylor Posts: 760Moderator, Beta Tester
    500 Likes 500 Comments 25 Answers 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These are all very good questions.  Thanks, @VioletChepil for asking if the Fingbox is experiencing the same issue, which I assume it would if it's connected to the same mesh network where this is happening.
    Yes @Gidster this isn't really a Fingbox question, more of a network question in regards to Velop.
    @sintx Any device connected to your mesh network will experience the same disconnection.  What I would do is start by rebooting all of the Velop devices and monitor.  If you continue to experience the issue, remove one of the Velop devices (disconnect power) and monitor, if it persists, remove another and monitor.
    To be honest, I've had bad experiences with Linksys devices ever since Belkin bought the consumer product line.  This could be a hardware issue that you're experiencing.  Give my steps a try and let me know what happens, please.
    "There's a fine line between audacity and idiocy."
    -Warden Anastasia Luccio, Captain
    VioletChepil
    @Gidster, At the same time that we were having problems with the disconnecting of devices ( thank you for pushing me over to the correct area) I had a not popping up in the iOS app account corruption and correcting or fixing, it is at the bottom of the screen and disappears quite quickly. It did pop up consistently. 

@kltaylor once I got home it was clear the Velop router was not connecting correctly after a att modem/router firmware update and probably a power outage. After a reset it all came back and the disconnects disappeared. The att router two floors up also sends out the same wifi network name and with the velops not working the laptop was trying to connect to a wifi signal that was too weak/ spotty.
    Hronos
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok @Sintx is this sorted or do you need any further help troubleshooting this issue?

Sintx

This is sorted.

VioletChepil
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for letting us know @Sintx and hope you come back for help when you have any other smart home issues :)

Sintx

I’ll try to find the fing app area to address the note “account corruption detected. Fix in progress”, that pops up at the bottom of the fing app. Thought this might go away with the new release however not the case.

thanks for the support.

✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok @sintx - I did not understand this was a pop-up you are receiving in the app. I'll check in furthr on this and see if anyone is aware.

✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok @Sintx can you please try the following?
    This happens if the data we have in our system is inconsistent with the data on the mobile. When this happens, the Fing App tries to adjust it on the mobile, but sometimes this doesn't work.  
    To resolve this, please go to: 
    - 'Accounts & Settings' display (by clicking on the icon/avatar in the top right hand corner of the main display on screen on the App) 
    - Click on 'Account storage' 
    - Click 'Restore' 
    This should clear data from the mobile and re-downloads everything and should resolve this issue.  
    Let me know if that solves things for you!
    Cheers

Done, will advise if it comes back.

VioletChepil