How to correct an incorrect device recognition?
antamy Member Posts: 9✭
edited January 18, 2022 in Fing App Tips & Tricks #1
I am using Fingbox and Fing app and I have two smart plugs, same manufacturer, both with MAC addresses that are allocated to Espressif (DC:4F:22:86:4F:xx and DC:4F:22:86:6D:xx). The latter is correctly recognized as Espressif, the former is recognized as a Philips / Hue Bridge 1st Gen. I have tried deleting the device and it comes back with the same incorrect recognition.
How can I fix this?
- 5.8K All Categories
- 2.8K Ask about Connected Technology
- How To...
- 1.1K Devices & Security
- 1.6K Network Troubleshooting & Connectivity
- 114 General Discussion, Weird & Wonderful
- 45 Network Infrastructure
- 5.4K Ask about Fing
- 548 Fing Account Change Request
- 1.1K Fing Desktop
- 1.4K Fing App
- 1.7K Fingbox
- 534 Announcements, Beta Testing & Release Notes
- 160 Community Updates
- 29 Getting started
- 15 Community User Guides