Unknown Apple Device Logging On / Off Multiple times per hour

Hi,
I didn't see this posted already so I thought I would ask.

I have an issue with an apple mobile device that logs on and off constantly over a period of hours or within the hour. Sometimes it goes on and off 4-5 times in 10 minutes. Its random. I have all apple mobile devices accounted for along with Apple TV's etc. I can't seem to figure this one device out.

I can see all the network info but I can't identify that actual device beyond it being Mobile / Apple. Does anyone else have similar behavior with an apple device? If so how did you identify and remove if needed? 

I suspect its a device pinging and not something someone is managing due to repetition and randomness but I could be wrong.

Thanks in advance!

Answers

• Pixel
    Pixel Devon, U.K.Member, Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 394
    100 Likes 25 Answers 100 Comments Second Anniversary
    ✭✭✭✭
    if you have a Fingbox you can block the device then check for local devices with no internet access. Also, it could be an apple device with private addressing enabled, check WiFi settings on your apple devices and disable private addressing for your home network.
  • JMSDKM22
    JMSDKM22 Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    Thank you. I will work to see if I have any devices unaccounted for. All the ones that are accounted for have Private Addressing enabled and are confirmed as mine on the network.