Desktop 2.8.0 Bug

Larkum
Larkum U.K. 🇬🇧 Member Posts: 6
Name Dropper Photogenic First Comment
Hi Dev Team, not sure if this is the correct place to report a bug.

I found this while in the 'Internet' Tab, I was unable to open the user menu after it had completed the scan, this effected all sub tabs under Home. When clicking my username, the menu appears for a split second.  I found that it does not affect the menu loading under 'Home', 'Tools', 'Notifications' or 'Outages' Tabs or while the app is completing an initial scan after first loading the app.

I tried restarting the app and did a full system power cycle and still present. 

Fing User since 2016 but new to this Forum,

2 FingBox’s owned V1 since 2018 and V2 2020.

Larkum
2 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Marc
    Marc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,884
    250 Answers 1,000 Likes 2500 Comments 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you can you add some additional info?  What platform is this running on, Windows or macOS?  What version of that os are you running?  I ask this as I tried your scenario multiples times on a 2.8.0 desktop running on macOS 12.1 with no issues.  I don't have it installed on my Windows desktop to verify for you...  

@Robin_from_Fing and @Dylan_From_Fing , please note the issue.
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
    Robin_from_Fing
  • Larkum

Hi @Marc, thanks for the reply, I’m running the latest release of Windows 11, I will try test out on my laptop which is also running on windows 11 to see if it is doing the same thing, and I will create a video of the issue so you can see what I’m seeing.

• Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 5,123
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Thanks for the feedback @Larkum
    If you could please record a video and send it to me then we can investigate further on this. Thanks again
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • Larkum
    edited January 13, 2022 #5
    Hi @Robin_from_Fing, I hope this works, Link bellow is to an unlisted video of the glitch happening. If you need any more info please let me know.

Edition Windows 11 Pro
    Version 21H2
    Installed on ‎06/‎10/‎2021
    OS build 22000.376

https://youtu.be/Ve4E-6r3FEY

PS sorry the resolution didn't turn out great, rubbish free software.

• Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 5,123
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    @Larkum
    I have tried this on windows 11 laptop and it is working. Have you tried re-installing the Fing desktop? Is the issue happening on different laptop as well?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • jannie
    jannie Member Posts: 4
    Second Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
    The latest version 2.8 is not displaying on Win10. The window is blank. Re-installed with no effect.
    What to do?
  • Marc
    Marc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,884
    250 Answers 1,000 Likes 2500 Comments 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Do you have any anti virus products installed besides the base Microsoft version? If so try disabling it and see if then works.

Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
    Robin_from_Fing