Need help, please?

Mr_SasQuatch
Mr_SasQuatch IndianaMember Posts: 7
First Comment Photogenic
 I have serious hacker issues with one (or more) of my neighbors. I've already reported this to the authorities and my financial institution but they keep getting into my wifi and mess around with all different factors such as changing administrator user, passwords, etc...it's bad. I purchased a program to help protect mostly everything on my desktop but it doesn't cover the router, cell phones, etc...which I was told (by a supposed tech expert) that the only way to protect everything is to get another/better firewall (anti hacking capability). Well, to make a long story short, I am working on that but I am disabled, so I have a fixed income (limits what I can and can't do) but I wanted to know (before I purchase this app) is how to delete unauthorized users and if they will stay gone once you delete them?

Answers

• Davidpstasch
    Davidpstasch Member Posts: 2
    First Comment

McAfee anti hacker\virus/VPN IS IN SALE NOW 65percent off…$2.99. Works great you can purchase a 2 year plan 60. You can put it in 5 devices. I highly recommend it

• Davidpstasch
    Davidpstasch Member Posts: 2
    First Comment

It’s $2.99 a month….usually around 12 a month. You can get up to 2 years at the $2.99 a month price. It was 70 bucks. Got rid of all my problems after my social security number was leaked on the dark web

• ARBE21
    ARBE21 Member Posts: 3
    First Comment
    edited January 6, 2022 #4
    Need a bit more info re yur basic setup-  computer - router brand - printer.

Some routers can be set up to only allow specific machines- computers via a ' mac' address, ( machine address  NOT a mac computer)-  search on your computer system as to how to find mac address

Use non name id wifi such as  wingROCK   and other name for computer  and other name for admin.   Pick a new email address such as [email protected] xyz.com to use for setup and comstuff only

Change password on your regular email- after checking if it has been breached   by using

And  change password before you do any more setup or changes.

Some  system settings on router or computer may also be changed to prevent search on  system or computer info

As to wi fi- if your use is local to your apartment or house- and reasonably close ( 15 to 20 feet) use the 5 GHZ wi fi only for your system -  Connect printer with ethernet or usb  depending.  And computer to router with ethernet if possible. Ethernet cable length is NOT  an issue for anything less than 100 feet.

And there are some free basic protection applications that may help- depending on running a apple  or win dows  machine.
    such as