Kernel panic

I have been having my MacBook Pro M1 Pro crash overnight and need to be reset in the morning. I am attaching the report which I cannot read but I did find reference to:

Panicked task 0xfffffe1fff51c000: 21430 pages, 25 threads: pid 44441: fingagent.bin

I uninstalled the fing app on the machine and will see if that takes care of the problem but any help would be appreciated.

Answers

• Pixel
    Pixel Devon, U.K.Member, Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 410
    100 Likes 25 Answers 100 Comments Second Anniversary
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 3, 2022 #2
    Hi @dperry112 as this problem is occurring overnight you need to check if it happens again now that the app has been uninstalled. It is possible that the app became corrupt or the problem may be unrelated to fing.
    If there are no failures tonight, try reinstalling the app and run Fing desktop through Rosetta and it should work (This was the last suggestion I know of from a previous crashing incident under apple M1).

@Robin_from_Fing & @Dylan_From_Fing have you any thoughts on this?
  • Robin_Ex_Fing
    Robin_Ex_Fing Member Posts: 5,293
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @Pixel
    @dperry112
    Does the issue resolve when Fing desktop is not installed? this will help us to understand the issue better.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • dperry112
    dperry112 Member Posts: 11
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment Photogenic

I will keep an eye on it.

Dylan_From_Fing