How to Access My Finbox (I take it you can't use the desktop or mobile app)

davenaz
davenaz Southwest ColoradoMember Posts: 5
First Comment
In the past, I thought I could see my remote Fingbox networks via the mobile app. I take it you can't do that anymore? Is it correct you can only access the Fingboxes via the website? A real bummer if that's true. It was helpful to be able to use my mobile app when a client called saying his network was "down".

Answers

• Marc
    Marc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 3,146
    250 Answers 1,000 Likes 2500 Comments 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @davenaz.  You can still use the mobile app or the web app to access your Fingbox.  One little quirk in the mobile app is that you have to be sure you are attached to the Fingbox network.  To do this, in the main menu in the top section, you will see an icon that has a check surrounded by two arrows. Click it and you will get a popup that shows all of your stored networks.  Choose the network with the Fingbox symbol.  That will focus the app on the Fingbox network.

Let us know if this helped...
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
  • davenaz
    First Comment
    Thanks for the reply. Wow - that is SO not clear in the app. In my app I see my current wireless network (CM_U9). In THAT network section is a three bar hamburger menu. Clicking on IT brings me to where I can select the Fingbox I want to connect to on a remote network. Thanks for pointing me to the right direction. Attached is a screen shot of my app. When I click on it I can see ALL my Fingboxes and do remote speed tests, etc. Thanks for you help!

• Marc
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Scroll up one section, I think that’s where we are off.   

Here is my view….   I blocked the people faces.  

• davenaz
    First Comment
    Hey Marc,

I think we are closer. It looks like you are running an iPad/tablet? My interface (iphone 6s plus) is different. I don't have the upper section. Where I clicked is the equivalent of you clicking on "My Networks" in your "reliant" section. To see the icon you mention, I have to click on the ">" next to my wireless network.

===================================

Then I can see the icon you mention - the checkbox with the two circling arrows.

====================================

The nice thing about your iPad/tablet is that your icons have labels.

Thanks for you help!

dave
  • Marc
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Something is still strange, I have the exact same view on my iPhone and my tablet.  I'm using Fing app version 11.6.0.  Which version are you on? 
  • davenaz
    First Comment
    I am on 11.5.3 on iOS 15.1. Looks like that is the highest I can go!
  • Marc
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Robin_from_Fing , roping you in to see if you can figure out why, if we both have Fingboxes, we see different home screens. Thanks…

• Robin_Ex_Fing
    Robin_Ex_Fing Member Posts: 5,293
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @Marc

@davenaz As I can see from your account, your Fingbox is already connected to your account. It may be that you have not added Fingbox to your Home tab.

To add Fingbox to your Home tab, please follow the steps below:

• Sign in to the Fing app
    • From the Home tab, click on the "3 lines icon"
    • If your Fingbox is connected then it will show under My Fingboxes and below you will find all 'Monitored Networks'
    • Next to Fingbox network, there is Home icon. Either Long press or swipe on that network.
    • You will get an option to "Add to Home". Click on it
    • Hit Close

If you want to swap to a different network as well, follow the same steps and from 'Scanned Networks' you can select your network and it will show all devices connected to it.

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!