SOMEONE IS ILLEGALLY MONITORING MY NETWORK WITH THIS APP

How do I get them to stop!? My ex is monitoring my internet with this app and stalking me and what I do through it!

Answers

• Sora
    Sora Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

hi,

That was terrible.

I think you can login to your router change Wi-Fi’s SSID & password, hide your SSID, and make a MAC address white list.

hope this help

Dora_MelodyZakk
  • Dora_Melody
    Dora_Melody Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

Use a VPN if you want to or find your ex's phone or laptops mac address and block it from your router

ZakkHarrison
  • Innocenttarget
    Innocenttarget Member Posts: 1
    First Comment Photogenic

Or maybe you need to be monitored? Sometimes people play victim when they very much are not...

CoolBreeze
  • Zakk
    Zakk Member Posts: 3
    Name Dropper First Comment

Well then explain this

Next time don't point fingers like an idiot

• Rosetta
    Rosetta Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

Probably the most sinister comment I've ever read

• Crowgrandfather
    Crowgrandfather Member, Beta Tester Posts: 80
    Second Anniversary 5 Answers 25 Likes 10 Comments
    ✭✭✭

Not that I'm defending the guy who's victim blaming but I don't actually know what you're trying to show here

• Marc
    Marc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,884
    250 Answers 1,000 Likes 2500 Comments 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Folks please try to keep the conversation civil.  

@Unwanted423, the Fing app or desktop cannot be used to see what sites your visiting etc....  That needs to happen at your router, proxy or possibly by something like Wireshark monitoring all communications on the wire.  But Fing, not so much...
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
    Robin_from_Fing
  • Harrison
    Harrison Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    I'm a bit late to this conversation, but one thing has not been mentioned. If you have changed the WiFi password your ex could still get into your wireless network if he (?) has physical access to your wireless router. He could press the WPS button on the router and connect to your wireless network without needing to know the password. If your ex cannot get into the same room as your wireless router then of course forget my comment.
    Marc
  • Harrison
    Harrison Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    Another point that has not been mentioned in this thread is the possibility that some devices legitimately in your wireless network have been flagged as suspicious because they are changing their MAC address. (Disclaimer: I do not know whether this would lead to the suspicious flag.). A family member had an iPhone XS that was doing that. It was disconcerting to see previously unknown generic devices that the Fing app could not identify, appearing in the network. We only found out who it was by a process of elimination and then switched off the MAC change feature in the iPhone.
    Marc