Numbers are showing up as letters

wwilson3
wwilson3 Member Posts: 5
First Comment
edited December 2, 2021 in Fing Desktop #1
OnFing for Mac all numbers (such as IP addresses, MAC addresses, etc. are showing up as odd letters of different sizes. No idea what caused this. I reinstalled and I have the same problem.

Comments

• Robin_Ex_Fing
    Robin_Ex_Fing Member Posts: 5,293
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    wwilson3 said:
    OnFing for Mac all numbers (such as IP addresses, MAC addresses, etc. are showing up as odd letters of different sizes. No idea what caused this. I reinstalled and I have the same problem.
    Can you share the screenshot of the page so I can check?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • wwilson3
    First Comment

The same issue is true on the device page (everywhere there are numbers). Thanks.
  • Dylan_From_Fing
    Dylan_From_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 47
    10 Comments First Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    Could you try these steps 
    1. Connect via wifi and see if then check
    2. Delete the network detected via fing desktop, then rerun the scan. 
    Dylan (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • wwilson3
    First Comment
    Thank you for this response. At the same time this started happening I noticed that Fing is no longer available on the Apple app store which concerned me. I am much more comfortable with products that have significant computer access to have Apple's seal of approval. Thoughts please?
  • Dylan_From_Fing
    Dylan_From_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 47
    10 Comments First Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    Dylan (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • wwilson3
    First Comment
    I clicked on the link above and it says it isn't compatible with the Mac. There is an iPad version but no Mac version. Please advise.
  • Robin_Ex_Fing
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    wwilson3 said:
    I clicked on the link above and it says it isn't compatible with the Mac. There is an iPad version but no Mac version. Please advise.
    Are you trying to install Fing app on a Mac laptop or iPhone or iPad? Fing desktop works for Mac and for iPad and iPhone Fing mobile app is available on Appstore
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • wwilson3
    First Comment
    I am installing it on a Mac (no problem on the iPad). It is NOT on the Mac App Store. I am staring at it now and it is no longer available as it once was. Thanks.
  • Robin_Ex_Fing
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    wwilson3 said:
    I am installing it on a Mac (no problem on the iPad). It is NOT on the Mac App Store. I am staring at it now and it is no longer available as it once was. Thanks.
    To update, Fing desktop was never available on the Mac store. It needs to be downloaded from Fing website and then installed.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)