What do "connectivity warning in en19" and "connectivity problems in bridge100" meain

I'm having very regular wifi losses (several per hour). I hoped by joining and paying Fing that I could manage to find the cause. Instead, I receive messages such as
  • connectivity warning in en19: Ethernet speed link is not optimal
  • you are experiencing a number of connectivity problems in bridge100

but I would prefer a more precise cause or at least troublefinder - and a solution would be nice too... what do "en19" and "bridge100" mean?
Thanks !!

Answers

• Marc
    Marc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,802
    250 Answers 1,000 Likes 2500 Comments 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @Jokkebal, usually you can click on the error to see more detailed information.  Have you tried that?
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
    Pixel
  • Pixel
    Pixel Devon, U.K.Member, Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 246
    25 Answers 100 Comments 25 Likes First Anniversary
    ✭✭✭
    Hi @Jokkebal the error
    • connectivity warning in en19: Ethernet speed link is not optimal
    is a big clue but I understand “en19” isn’t that helpful. First question, if you have a list of devices on your network is one of them named en19 (& another Bridge100?).

I would prefer a more precise cause or at least troublefinder - and a solution would be nice too... what do "en19" and "bridge100" …it would be great if life and networks were that simple 😉

There is obviously a speed issue with an ethernet connection (which may be the cause of the wifi dropping connections) so we have to start somewhere:-

1. Reboot router
    2. Reboot any network switches
    3. Reboot ethernet over power devices 
    4. Reboot any wi-fi extenders 
    5. Reboot fingbox (assuming you have one)

The above should only take half an hour (unless you’ve a massive network).

Now observe & please report back, with screenshots of errors & devices, then we can consider other options if the problem persists. 

Good luck.
    Marc