Adding Devices and OS's to Fingtopia

MattPackwood
MattPackwood Member, Beta Tester Posts: 19
10 Comments Second Anniversary Photogenic
Hi,

Is there a way to add devices / OS versions to Fingtopia?

Matt

Answers

• Pixel
    Pixel Devon, U.K.Member, Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 246
    25 Answers 100 Comments 25 Likes First Anniversary
    ✭✭✭
    Hi @MattPackwood the obvious answer is log in to your local network & run a scan to add devices?
    I suspect you may be referring to a more specific issue, if that is the case please provide some more detail and we’ll do our best to help out.
  • MattPackwood
    I am trying to add devices and operating systems that the system does not suggest. For example iPadOS 15 is not yet a suggestion.
  • Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 5,052
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    I am trying to add devices and operating systems that the system does not suggest. For example iPadOS 15 is not yet a suggestion.
    I have passed on the suggestion for iPad OS15 already to the developers. 

Users can make the suggestion from Fing app itself. All you need to do is click on the misrecognised device and then click on "Find the exact model" or "thumbs down option" and then search for the correct device. If it is not present on list then if you scroll down from the same page, it will ask you to make suggestion to developers. 

The message will say: My device model is missing. Let me suggest an addition to Fingpedia. 

For any suggestions to Fingpedia, the suggestions may get rejected. There is no timeframe available the suggestion is added to the Fingpedia list but we update the list regularly. 

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • MattPackwood
    I don't see that option on my iPhone or iPad.
    I have two "networks" the one I manage with my Fingbox and the one on my Desktop (they are the same physical network, I just use the two different tools).
    I have a device that runs Kubantu, I click on the thumbs down, I type Kubuntu, it offers me the (4) Ubuntu flavors, there is no option even if I scroll down to add an OS.

Matt
  • Robin_from_Fing
    admin
    Thanks for the update. I have manually added the suggestion for Kubantu. 
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • MattPackwood
    Can you also add Lubuntu, iOS15.1.1, "Regular" (not Server) Ubuntu, Raspberry Pi OS, Ubuntu Mate, Zorin - as OSs?
  • Robin_from_Fing
    admin
    Can you also add Lubuntu, iOS15.1.1, "Regular" (not Server) Ubuntu, Raspberry Pi OS, Ubuntu Mate, Zorin - as OSs?
    Thanks for the suggestion. I will update to suggestion as well. Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)