Fing Desktop 2.7.2 doesn't resolve failure to automatically install

Although the 2.7.2 desktop version is meant to resolve the failure to automatically update it doesn't appear to...
Got a notification of 2.7.2 download yesterday, but although my PC has been shut down and restarted since then, the automatic update still failed to work. I gad to go into the AppData pending folder and run the 2.7.2 updater directly.

Still needs some work?

DavePB61

Answers

• Robin_Ex_Fing
    Robin_Ex_Fing Member Posts: 5,293
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the suggestion 
    I will pass this suggestion to our developers for review. 
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • Fizziksguru
    Fizziksguru Member Posts: 7
    Second Anniversary First Comment
    Just installed 2.7.2 and congratulations - it still doesn't work. I remember the good old days when I just had the app. It worked great. Now I have two Fing Boxes (separate houses and systems) and am a premium member - this is ridiculous. The apps on iPads sorta work and I can infrequently get one of the iPads to remember the info I saved for a device. It certainly seems that I have no clue how to use Fing.
    DavePB61
  • Robin_Ex_Fing
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Just installed 2.7.2 and congratulations - it still doesn't work. I remember the good old days when I just had the app. It worked great. Now I have two Fing Boxes (separate houses and systems) and am a premium member - this is ridiculous. The apps on iPads sorta work and I can infrequently get one of the iPads to remember the info I saved for a device. It certainly seems that I have no clue how to use Fing.
    Can you share the screenshot of the error? What O.S are you using?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • JRW44
    JRW44 Colfax CaliforniaMember Posts: 5
    Photogenic First Comment
    The 'automatic' update of Fing 2.7.2 isn't automatic.  I use a mac mini running macOS 12.0.1.  Is this a known problem?  Is there a solution?
  • snavelsnes
    snavelsnes Member Posts: 1
    Name Dropper First Comment
    edited November 24, 2021 #6
    @JRW44 Same on Windows, had to go to Users\MyAccount\AppData\Local\fing-updater\pending and start the update myself.
    The directory will obviously be different on macOS, I can try for myself in a few hours if you don't know where to look yourself. I would imagine it will be located in /Users/YourHomeFolder/Library/Application Support/SomeSubfolderOfFing somewhere. Look for Cache or Pending type named folders.

Edit: Perhaps @Robin_from_Fing can answer quickly where you find the installer on macOS :)
  • Robin_Ex_Fing
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @snavelsnes for your findings.
    For MAC, I would advise trying to uninstall and re-install. Here's the version for Fing 2.7.2, with the fix for future installations/upgrades

Robin (Admin at Fing)