Fing Tutorial: How to Monitor Who’s in Your Home with Fing’s Digital Presence Feature

Robin_Ex_Fing
Robin_Ex_Fing Member Posts: 5,293
5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
Hi all,

Please check the new Fing tutorial which helps to monitor your house network with "Digital Presence " feature. 

Thanks
Dylan/Robin
Fing Support
Robin (Admin at Fing)
Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
Gus12122327chS

Comments

• CmputrAce
    CmputrAce Member Posts: 3
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Comment
    Can we add multiple "tracking" devices" Our phones can connect as either 2.4 or 5GHz and each have their own identity in Fing. Which one connects is not consistent.
  • AlaskaDave
    AlaskaDave Member Posts: 5
    Second Anniversary First Comment

Used to work like a charm, with latest iPhones I have yet to get this to work reliably.

Malen75
  • Marc
    Marc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 3,003
    250 Answers 1,000 Likes 2500 Comments 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @AlaskaDave, one thing that trips it up is if you have private addressing turned on on your apple device.  Because it randomizes your Mac address, Fing has a hard time tracking a device where its Mac address is in flux.  As its a per network setting, it should be safe to turn off on your home network.  
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
  • AlaskaDave
    AlaskaDave Member Posts: 5
    Second Anniversary First Comment
    I wish it was that, have had off for my network since having the new phone. Private Wi-Fi Address is off. How about Limit IP Address Tracking this is on? I says its only for while using Mail and Safari however.
  • Marc
    Marc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 3,003
    250 Answers 1,000 Likes 2500 Comments 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

The limit setting should have no effect on what your trying to do. But, if you want to eliminate that, turn it off and see if it clears it up.

For reference, I have a Fingbox v2, mix of iPhone 11’s and 12 running the iOS, 15.4.1. On a Linksys velop mesh network with 3 nodes, WiFi 6.

Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...