Fing desktop 2.7.0 tells that there is update, but it won't update

Princy557
Princy557 North YorkshireMember Posts: 15
10 Comments First Anniversary Photogenic
Question probably says it all.
It's been like this for at least a few weeks. When I start up the desktop, Fing tells me there is an update to 2.7.1, click ok to install. 
I do just that, but it does not happen.
Any ideas?
Regards Princy557

Answers

• Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 5,052
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi,

If your Fing desktop is not updated automatically to the latest version then please try the following steps and the issue will be resolved.

For Windows:

Please check your system tray on your windows machine if Fing Desktop is running in the background. If yes, then open "Task Manager" and close the Fing desktop application and then reboot your device.

Upon rebooting, open Fing desktop again and it will automatically update to the latest version.

For MAC:

Please open "Activity Monitor" and quit all Fing agents running and Fing desktop as well. After that, reboot your device and open Fing desktop again.

This will load up all features on Fing desktop and will automatically update to the latest version.

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • Princy557
    Hi Robin,
    Nope, sorry it did nowt....
    However the log shows.
    ERROR 2021/11/17 19:23:43.991 === fing agent 2.7.0 - www.fing.io ===
    ERROR 2021/11/17 19:23:52.986 FingIspInfo | Isp Lookup failed: remote server unreachable
    ERROR 2021/11/17 19:24:01.504 FingIspInfo | Isp Lookup failed: remote server unreachable
    Does that give a better idea?
    I've not changed anything
  • Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 5,052
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @Princy557
    Here's the beta version for Fing 2.7.2, with the fix for future installations/upgrades

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • Princy557
    Thanks for the tip and it worked fine.
    Now functional again.
    Regards 
    Princy557
    Robin_from_Fing