After the latest update to the IOS Fing App it always crashes on opening on my iPad running 12.5.5

Big_Al
Big_Al Member Posts: 4
First Comment Photogenic
How can I downgrade to the previous iOS App version ?.

Answers

• Marc
    Marc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 3,028
    250 Answers 1,000 Likes 2500 Comments 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have an un-jailbroken IOS device, there is no way to install a former version of an app unless you happen to have saved it as part of an iOS backup that you can restore.

Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the version that keep crashing?
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
  • Big_Al
    First Comment Photogenic
    Uninstalling and reinstalling the App didn’t any good. I’ll try a much older version from a backup. Looks like the most recent update is incompatible with iOS 12.5.5
  • Marc
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    According to the App Store, the Fing app is compatible with iOS 12.1 or later so it should work.  Let me tag @Robin_from_Fing to see if he can help you out.
  • Big_Al
    First Comment Photogenic
    Thanks
  • Big_Al
    First Comment Photogenic
    I managed to reinstall V9.0 from an old iTunes backup and it works perfectly. So it appears that the most recent update is in fact incompatible with iPad iOS 12.5.5
  • Marc
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the update.

@Robin_from_Fing , according to the App Store this should be compatible to the iPadOS version being used. Could you confirm this? Note again that the old versions works.

• Robin_Ex_Fing
    Robin_Ex_Fing Member Posts: 5,293
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @Marc
    I will seek further advice on this and get back to everyone with an update. 
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!