is anyone else have problems with the 2.7.1 desktop update

Daz
Daz Member, Beta Tester Posts: 4
Second Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
I am getting a banner telling me the new 2.7.1 version will update when i press ok but nothing happens ?
PlanoUserHenryG

Answers

• Mark78214
    Mark78214 Member Posts: 6
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
    Yes, I'm having the same problem. I'm thinking about removing and reinstalling.
    Daz
  • garg
    garg Member Posts: 2
    I am also having the same issue.  This happened not long ago with a previous update.  I cannot remember how I solved it, but the update was finally able to be installed.
    Daz
  • Daz
    Hi everyone I did what Mark said and reinstalled and it worked fine thank you .
  • Mark78214
    Sorry I didn't get back sooner. Before reinstalling, I was prompted again yesterday afternoon to install update, after I clicked OK I was prompted with a second dialog box "Fing needs privileged access to install its networking components and links to the Fing app." After I clicked OK it installed as expected. I am using a MacBook Air.
    Daz
  • Daz
    Thank you Mark I am on a dell aio and after your suggestion it updated immediately and has worked seemlessly since thanx for the fix much appreciated.
  • kabersch
    kabersch Chandler, AZ, USAMember Posts: 2
    First Comment
    I'm still having this issue.  I'm running Windows 11 and get a notification several time a day that Fing Desktop 2.7.1 has been downloaded and is ready to install.  When I click on it it just goes away.  This is in the Windows notification area.  I did get one dialog from Fing telling me 2.7.1 was ready to install.  I don't remember if I clicked on OK or not, but the dialog closed an the update did not install.  Any suggestions short of uninstalling and reinstalling?
    Kevin
    Daz
  • Daz
    Hi Kevin what worked for me was to just enter fing desktop windows and on the fing tab the second one on windows 11 and then just download fing desktop and it downloaded with the 2.1.7 update already there and it must have over ridden the previous version hope this helps cheers Darren.
  • PlanoUser
    PlanoUser Plano, TexasMember Posts: 2
    First Comment First Anniversary Photogenic
    I you are having the problem installing fing 2.7.1 then you must go to the fing web site and download the Windows version of fing. Once you have the fing.exe file in the downloads directory then right mouse click on the file and select run as administrator. It should install without any issues at this point. 
  • Brianfms
    Brianfms Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Have reinstalled 2.7.1 on a Mac Pro running MacOs Monterey and the Analysing your setup does not give a result. Any suggestions
    VABelle
  • David_1942
    David_1942 Member Posts: 1
    First Comment First Anniversary Photogenic
    I.m having this problem too in as much as, 8 days running after pressing OK the popup banner keeps reappearing even though my Fing Desktop is running on 2.7
  • kabersch
    kabersch Chandler, AZ, USAMember Posts: 2
    First Comment
    David - You ae probably running 2.7.0.  The dialog box wants to update to 2.7.1.  Go to the Fing website and download and install Fing 2.7.1.  It will install act like an update and you should be good to go.  Thas't what worked for me.
    Kevin
  • Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 5,112
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi All,
    If the update failed then it might be because of antivirus/firewall blocking it. Can you please re-install the latest version of the Fing Desktop & then check if the issue persists?

You can follow these steps:

1. Sign out of the application
    2. Remove the application using any uninstaller to make sure all traces are removed.
    3. Reboot the device to clear the cache.
    4. Download a fresh version and Reinstall the application
    5. Start App & log back in to the Application.

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • Mark78214
    I had the same problem with the update for 2.7.2, it did not update after clicking on OK button.
    This time I quit Fing, restarted Fing and a dialog box opened asking for permission to install update.
    I clicked OK, entered my user password and the update installed.
    This happened on my MacBook Air and my iMac. It looks like this update is suppose to fix this bug.
    Good Luck! 
  • MarioV
    MarioV Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Yes, after manual update from 2.7 to 2.7.1 now the message is about update to 2.7.2. 
  • Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 5,112
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    MarioV said:
    Yes, after manual update from 2.7 to 2.7.1 now the message is about update to 2.7.2. 
    Here's the version for Fing 2.7.2, with the fix for future installations/upgrades

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!