WiFi only iPad presence issue

dglarsondglarson Posts: 1Member

I have an iPad assigned to my son that never shows up in the presence area of the Fing app. I've tried removing the device and his account but it still doesn't show up even though it's in the network, which I can see if I look under his account.

Robin

Comments

• RobinRobin Posts: 770Administrator
    50 Answers 500 Comments 100 Likes 25 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @dglarson
    Thanks for this question. I am just moving it over to the Fingbox category.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • kltaylorkltaylor Posts: 760Moderator, Beta Tester
    500 Likes 500 Comments 25 Answers 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dglarson said:

I have an iPad assigned to my son that never shows up in the presence area of the Fing app. I've tried removing the device and his account but it still doesn't show up even though it's in the network, which I can see if I look under his account.

Can you be a little more specific, please?  What do you mean that it 'never shows up in the presence area'.
    Do you mean that the IP and MAC address doesn't show up in the list of devices on your network?
    Are you sure the iPad us using that network connection and not a neighboring or a Guest network somehow?
    If you can provide a bit more detailed information and help me understand exactly what's happening (or not happening) I'm happy to help as much as I can.
    "There's a fine line between audacity and idiocy."
    -Warden Anastasia Luccio, Captain
  • RobinRobin Posts: 770Administrator
    50 Answers 500 Comments 100 Likes 25 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @dglarson
    The reason you are not able to see the Timeline for selective Users/Devices because their device is not set for Digital Presence. First you need to create a User or add the device to any User then you need to select the User, click on Edit on the left corner and then it will open the page for that User. Scroll down and select the device which you want to see the monitor and click on it where it says 'Change' and tap on it to change it to 'Presence'. It will ask whether it is a personal device. Click 'Yes' and click 'Save' on top right corner. It will start monitoring those devices for changes and will create a timeline for review. 
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    Carlo_from_Fing