Am i hacked

I have an iPad which belongs to My kid. However My neigbor has a Dell computer. And when i check devices comnected to My network i see My neighbors Dell conected but the mame diaplayed si iPad. Same Mac adress as the Dell PC but mame pf devices shows as My iPad. Same thing with My PC i have two devices using same ip one My PC other unkown any ideas why

Answers

• Marc
    Marc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,712
    250 Answers 1,000 Likes 2500 Comments 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @Joedaddy13, if you have never granted your neighbor access to your network (or your kids have never), I would suggest you change your router password and SSID/password to something hard to guess and see if this behavior continues.  You should consider deleting any old DHCP entries that might contain the offending hosts prior to resetting the passwords and SSID.  If it returns, come back to this thread and we can suggest other avenues to explore.
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
  • Joedaddy13
    Joedaddy13 Member Posts: 2
    Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
    Marc said:
    @Joedaddy13, if you have never granted your neighbor access to your network (or your kids have never), I would suggest you change your router password and SSID/password to something hard to guess and see if this behavior continues.  You should consider deleting any old DHCP entries that might contain the offending hosts prior to resetting the passwords and SSID.  If it returns, come back to this thread and we can suggest other avenues to explore.
    i have never granted access what i dont understand is why his pc shows up under my network and the weirdest thing is that the name changes to ipad like its my kids ipad that freaks me out
  • Led_Tasso
    Led_Tasso Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

@marc where would you - delete any old DHCP entries that might contain the offending hosts prior to resetting the passwords and SSID-

I might be experiencing something similar and it sounds like this could be a factor I’m missing.

Nokia bgw320-500 modem/router combo on att fiber on this end.

Thanks!

• Marc
    Marc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,712
    250 Answers 1,000 Likes 2500 Comments 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Some routers admin consoles allow you to sweep out all entries and start over again (Linksys velops for instance allow this in the web console) or some allow this one by one. If you post your routers make and model and I’ll see if I can research and point you in the right direction.

Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
  • jxs2875
    jxs2875 Member Posts: 5
    Name Dropper First Comment

@Marc yes, essentially signing out of all the accounts. It does sounds accidental however @Joedaddy13, since he’s your neighbor, and Wi-Fi can easily be share unintentionally or intentional if both devices are in range to share that info; just by tapping a button.

I was also recently hacked, and I’m almost drooling from the accessibility of the app as it could have saved me a ton of time, due to the dashboard, and how you can see your “vulnerabilities”. You can just remove him from your network directly @Joedaddy13 , or toggle on and off the ones you suspect for troubleshooting which. if the IP addresses don’t match yours, give him the quiet boot