Fing Tutorial: How to use new "security" tab in Fing app and Fing desktop?

Robin_Ex_Fing
Robin_Ex_Fing Member Posts: 5,293
5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 6, 2021 in Fing Video Tutorials #1
Hi all,

Please check the new Fing app version which introduces a new "Security" tab and provides you more control over your network.

Thanks
Dylan/Robin
Fing Support
Robin (Admin at Fing)
Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
Robin_Ex_FingMoenUyffjttcWilliammichael2112

Comments

• reygio349
    reygio349 Member Posts: 43
    Second Anniversary 10 Comments 5 Likes 5 Agrees
    ✭✭

If you have a Fingbox which does all the monitoring and troubleshooting the network do i still need to have the desktop app? My desktop is not ON all the time so it's useless .

Fingbox is ON all the time and is connected directly to the router to monitor the Home network . That's why I bought the box as a contributor at the start ( startup phase) then I bought the 2nd generation box . I don't know why there's a lot of buzz for the desktop app. Everytime I open the mobile app I got this pop-up about the desktop app which is so annoying.

Isn't it that the Fingbox is the most important part of this security system?

bossjones
  • Karl_From_Fing
    Karl_From_Fing Administrator, Beta Tester Posts: 320
    100 Comments 25 Likes 5 Answers 5 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭
    Hey @reygio349
    You don't need to have the Desktop App too, and a lot of the features from Desktop are similar to Fingbox (though Fingbox would carry of course more functionality), so it's up to you if you would like to install the Desktop version too.