Hello i been seeing devices with a name called generic and has no brand is it a spy camera?

My internet provider is Pldt home fibr i dont know why i keep seeing generic

Is it a spy cam? or someone stealing my wifi?

Comments

• Karima
    Karima Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

Hola

• jamieleetodd98
    jamieleetodd98 Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    John75191 said:

My internet provider is Pldt home fibr i dont know why i keep seeing generic

Is it a spy cam? or someone stealing my wifi?

• Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,885
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi,
    Generic devices are those devices for which Fing was not able to identify the vendor and what kind of device it is. If there is any device in your house which is using any kind of internet(Wifi) then Fing App can show you all devices connected on your network. You can use this external link to know about the vendor of the device: https://aruljohn.com/mac/F45EAB
    It is not displaying your ISP. It is the connected device in your network.

The Fing App discovery will identify devices on a best effort basis, based on the information made available by the device, e.g. the MAC address. There are numerous reasons why the device might not be recognised correctly e.g.

- The DHCP server is not refreshing when speaking to your Fing.

- Limited information being offered by specific devices.

If you are using an Apple device to run the Fing app with IOS14 then please refer to this article which has detailed information on how to make Fing app work with IOS14: https://www.fing.com/news/private-mac-address-on-ios-14

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
    John75191
  • KevinSpeicher
    KevinSpeicher Member, Beta Tester Posts: 6
    Second Anniversary First Comment Photogenic

I have Fing set to notify me about state changes for a few devices on my network.

If I reboot them, instead of a state change notice for that specific device, Fing throws up a Generic device blocked notice.

It's broken.

John75191