How do I change my Fingbox's network in Fing 11.5?

Deft
Deft Member Posts: 2
First Comment
I have a Fingbox 1.15.3, and the iOS Fing app 11.5
I need to change the network my FingBox is on. I found the article
But it is out of date, and the grammar makes it hard to follow. That article has 19 down-votes.

So what is the current (2021 Sept 26) way to "Move Fingbox to a New Network" ?
Pictures would be very helpful. Thanks!

Comments

• Robin_Ex_Fing
    Robin_Ex_Fing Member Posts: 5,293
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Deft
    The article may be out of date and we will update them soon with current UI pictures but the steps remain the same.

To move your Fingbox to a new network, follow these simple steps:

• Click on the ‘Home‘ tab and then click on "3 Lines icon"
    • It will open list of Monitored and Scanned network.
    • Under 'Monitored Networks’ choose the Network with the Fingbox(MAC Starting with f0:23:b9:XX:XX:XX) and hold down your finger or Swipe and an option to ‘Delete’ or ‘Remove from Home’ will appear.
    • Click ‘Delete’. This will remove the network you have already configured, freeing up Fingbox to be assigned to a new network.
    • After you have deactivated the Fingbox, you will be able to connect the box to the new network you’d like it to be on.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • Deft
    Deft Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    Thanks Robin! that worked, and I (eventually) assigned my Fingbox to a new network. Find Fingbox did not work from the "Accounts" tab, but it worked from from the network device list.

Robin_Ex_Fing
  • robmlr
    robmlr Member Posts: 3
    First Comment
    The article really is out of date.  Please do update it

There's no 'All networks' (and the '3 lines icon' is not under 'scan for devices', and looks like a menu specific to a scanned network).  I'm on the iOS/iPhone app, and except for having a 'home' button at the bottom it is not clear to me that the description is about the iPhone app, as opposed to a web page or desktop app or something I don't have.  Although I didn't recognize that the page with 'monitored' and 'scanned' networks was the target (please add screenshots), if I had, then the specification of '[long press] or swipe' to delete above was important. 

Remember that people looking to sell their unused fingbox hopefully come to the page to de-register it, so it needs to be really clear for those who haven't done anything with the app or fingbox in a long time.

Sorry if I seem grumpy, but I spent a lot of hours chasing problems in my new network configuration, and it would have helped a *lot* if that article actually had instructions that worked.
  • Karl_From_Fing
    Karl_From_Fing Administrator, Beta Tester Posts: 365
    100 Comments 25 Likes 5 Answers 5 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭
    Hey @robmlr
    Thank you for the feedback. Apologies for the inconvenience caused. I am currently in the process, working with my team to perform some large updates to the knowledge base. I have made sure to include this there.