Missing add AP button

Ajax
Ajax Member Posts: 35
25 Likes 10 Comments First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
✭✭✭
A couple of days ago I purchased a new AP to replace a faulty AP. It was on the same LAN as my other AP's (3 in total). I connected to it, tried to do a wifi performance test through the app. It stated that the AP wasn't assigned to the Fingbox and to use the button below to add it. The button appeared to be missing.
Anyone else had this?
VioletChepil

Comments

• VioletChepil
    VioletChepil London, UKMember Posts: 2,471
    100 Answers 500 Likes 1000 Comments 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @Ajax
    If the button is not appearing here are a couple of things to check! 
    1) Check if the Acccess Point (AP) is already added to the Fing app. Verify by checking the BSSID under the network tab by clicking on ISP name. How many BSSID do you see there?
    2) If the access point is not added, he can try to add from Wifi Intrusion Protection as well
    To add an access point to your Fing App or Fingbox:
    • You need to be connected to the access point network which you want to add. 
    • Then open the Fing App and choose the Fingbox network from the dropdown list. G
    • o to the ‘Network’ tab and select either Wi-Fi Intrusion Protection or Wi-Fi Performance and you will be able to add the Access point for the current network your device is connected to. You can only add the Access point either from the Wi-Fi Performance tab or Wi-Fi Intrusion Protection tab.  
    • After Adding the access point, you will receive the New Access point alert and you need to accept it as a trusted gateway and the access point will be added successfully. 

Community Manager at Fing

• VioletChepil
    VioletChepil London, UKMember Posts: 2,471
    100 Answers 500 Likes 1000 Comments 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Ajax I've also moved this one over to the Fingbox discussions area! 

Community Manager at Fing