Yahir Member Posts: 1 ✭
in Virgin Media #1
Hello everyone, someone is connecting to my modem, I have blocked it by Mac filter but it seems that it changes its Mac address and keeps connecting. What I can do?
Robin_Ex_Fing Member Posts: 5,292Thanks for your post.
I will advise you to get in touch with your device manufacturer for securing your device.
There a few things that are best practices for a secure network.
1. On a large number of routers, the Admin user ID and password are the default and right on the bottom of the router.
2. Some Guest & primary networks share the same password.
Every home grade router has these features. You can follow the below-mentioned steps for securing the network.
1. Change the admin password to something with 11 characters or more. 11 characters as a base make it hard for password crack utilities to break. Having more than 16 is even better.
2. Change the Guest network password or even turn it off when not in use.
If you want you can disconnect any device from the router settings by his device MAC address. You can refer to the router's manual or contact ISP to know how to do it.
Robin (Admin at Fing)
Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!0
- 5.8K All Categories
- 2.8K Ask about Connected Technology
- How To...
- 1.1K Devices & Security
- 1.6K Network Troubleshooting & Connectivity
- 114 General Discussion, Weird & Wonderful
- 45 Network Infrastructure
- 5.4K Ask about Fing
- 548 Fing Account Change Request
- 1.1K Fing Desktop
- 1.4K Fing App
- 1.7K Fingbox
- 534 Announcements, Beta Testing & Release Notes
- 160 Community Updates
- 29 Getting started
- 13 Community User Guides